SIG Talk banner

P320 Trigger free play.

2017 8
Hi all, is it normal for the trigger to have a little free play to the sides? Like if you shake the gun a little you will hear the trigger shaking side to side.

Thank you.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the apex trigger in the gen2 after 500 rounds I get the slightest movement ,but not enough to really see it move ,just feel it ,thats actually pushing the trigger side to side .. gen 1 after a few thousand rounds is the same with a stock trigger , and just for comparison my glock 19 with a few thousand rounds and a stock trigger has the same amount of side to side when pushed that way.. have a m&p shield ,it's new, it has virtually no side to side ..

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just sampled a few pistols sitting next to me. My P320 RX gen 2 has a little free play. My old, but rarely fired Glock 17 gen 2 has a little bit, but not as much as the Sig. My Performance Center Smith-Wesson 9mm Shield has no play at all and my Walther PPS M2 is very tight but not as tight as the S-W. Quite honestly, I doubt you have anything to worry about, but I'm no expert. To add, besides my 90s vintage Glock 17, all of the guns I mentioned are still virgins. That said, I'm a bit of a gun collector, not a shooting expert. I really need to get my butt away from my business and get back to the range! I used to have so much more free time when I was younger. <sigh>

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
478 Posts
I put Apex 2.0's in mine. There is a little side-to-side movement, but not much. When I pull the trigger, the tension keeps it from moving side to side - I don't feel any lateral movement at all when pulling the trigger. So, from my perspective anyway, that's just fine - more concerned with the trigger pull than when it's at rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.