SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey loyal P320 fans. Greetings from SW Ohio. I want to throw in my 2 bits worth about my favorite gun and what I have seen while playing around with standard and aftermarket triggers. I have three 320 FCUs and a variety of grips and slides including compact and full RX. I have changed triggers and experimented on two of the FCUs. On the first, the standard trigger outta the box came in at 7# 9oz (Lyman ave of 6), right in the neighborhood of what Bruce Gray states in the GG video. I experienced some trigger bite and switched to Apex 1.0 and that took the bite away. Trigger pull was unchanged compared with standard, but it was a great improvement in feel for me. Switched to GG trigger and spring and the pull went to 5# 1oz with the same feel advantages (for me, anyway) of the Apex 1.0. I was sold on the GG trigger then. Keep in mind, that I’m a range guy at this point, and the lighter the trigger, the more I like it. I have a P229 Legion and love that trigger. But this P320 with the GG trigger is a toss up with the Legion. When you factor in the ergos, wt and modularity, I may like the 320 more. BTW, I fully understand the concerns of a carry trigger getting too light for those who are most concerned for carry fitness. Now to FCU #2. Pull wt outta the box was 5# 9.5 oz. A drastic difference from #1. Lesson? Significant variability of the units as they come from SIG? Luck of the draw here? Based on many of your posts, I suspect that may be true. Replaced with Apex 2.0 and the improvement was only 10oz, but good feel. I add that I had a lot more trouble installing the 2.0, likely due to its geometry of the stud location into the trigger bar. I use the GG install method without tools and have no trouble with the standard, Apex 1.0, and GG triggers, very smooth. Not the Apex 2.0- a real *****! Have yet to try GG trigger in FCU #2, but I will. Will keep you posted. Sorry for this long and wordy post, but I hope it helps at least a few…

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thank you. I am considering the Apex 2 myself and appreciate the feedback. I need to buy a gauge. My 320 has a great trigger but I have no idea what the weight is stock.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck! One thing worth saying, I think, is that the P320 has a great feeling trigger as is. Aftermarkets are about splitting hairs, fine tuning, and icing on the cake, so to speak... But fun to play with! The sights as well. I put on X-Ray 3s in place of the SigLites and that was a blast for me. Then I swapped the front for an Amariglo Pro-Glo orange and shot 100 rnds with it today. Nice! If you can't tell, I'm a tinkerer at heart... Whether you tinker or leave it as is, the 320 is just a great system.

·
Registered
327 Posts
BTW, Charleston is a great place. Lucky you. A favorite vacation destination for me.
Charleston is a great place to live. I love it here.

"Icing on the cake" is a good way to describe why people want to upgrade parts on an already great pistol.
Lived in Charleston for three years and love the low country. Laid back Southern living. It was on our retirement short list until the wife read a thread on a travel site talking bout gators and snakes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Huh I had no issues installing the Apex 2.0 trigger in my P320sc. Maybe I got lucky. My trigger pull weight with the Apex 2.0 dropped 1# 9.5oz on a trigger that started at 6# 12.5oz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Huh I had no issues installing the Apex 2.0 trigger in my P320sc. Maybe I got lucky. My trigger pull weight with the Apex 2.0 dropped 1# 9.5oz on a trigger that started at 6# 12.5oz
I just put my apex 2.0 trigger in. It was easy to drop it in. Wish I had a gauge to test the trigger. Not sure exactly how much it dropped but it seems smoother and lighter then factory. I'm happy with it

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to try the GG trigger in FCU #2 and test it and will also try Apex 2.0 in FCU #1. I wonder if its will go in easier in that one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello from Dayton Ohio. I bought a GG trigger but haven't installed it yet. So OP are you still preferring it to the Apex?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey bk, I'm just across the way in Centerville. I decided to redo the whole test so I have numbers for four triggers on two different guns. Gonna take a while to format it but I'll try and get it posted tonight. I have a 3rd 320 FCU and will soon try it with all four triggers as well. I still prefer the GG. You will see why.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know if there's a way to put a Word attachment in these posts? That sure would be easier than trying to type all the numbers in the post window in a usable format.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK y'all, here's what I got. First a few notes:
-FCU#1 was tested after 1000 rounds through it. FCU#2 after 100 rounds. I found a 7.6oz reduction in #1 after a 1000 just from break in. (7#9oz to 7#1.4oz)
-FCU#2 was almost 1lb lighter than #1 outta the box. Wonder what the variability range from SIG would be if you checked a hundred of them?
-All measurements are an average of six pulls on a Lyman gauge (pretty cheap on Amazon, BTW) at mid trigger, the same way Bruce Gray demonstrates in his video. If you pull the trigger closer to the tip (as I do when shooting) the extra leverage decreases the pull weight. (by more than 1/2 lb in some cases)
-The GG measurements are with the included GG spring.
-Despite claims that the Apex 1.0 gives no pull reduction compared with standard, I found a modest reduction in both guns tested.
-I had a challenge installing the Apex 2.0 in BOTH guns. The problem was the engagement of the trigger pin into the trigger bar. Took me 5-10 minutes to get it to settle in each time. Once it was in though, it functioned just fine. All the other triggers I can do in less than a minute without tools. (GG method again) I have done dozens of changes in those other three triggers and it's a breeze. Not the 2.0, at least for me. Maybe I got a bad one...
-The second number I give for each trigger is the reduction from standard. Please forgive me if the math is screwed up!
-As mentioned before, I plan to repeat these for FCU#3 sometime soon.

Now the data:

FCU#1
Standard trigger: 7#1.4oz / --
Apex 1.0: 6#9.6oz / 7.8oz
Apex 2.0: 5#10.8oz / 1#6.6oz
GG: 4#4.9oz / 2#12.5oz

FCU#2
Standard trigger: 6#12.2oz / --
Apex 1.0: 5#12.1oz / 1#0.1oz
Apex 2.0: 5#1.5oz / 1#10.7oz
GG: 4#4.2oz / 2#8.0oz

Hope you find this helpful.