SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a chance to take my new P320FS for a spin, shot 2 mags' worth and found the trigger to be a bit heavier than I thought from dry-firing it. Shooting live, it cycled 34 rounds perfectly but increasingly felt a bit of pain in my trigger finger as I was shooting. I own several 9mm pistols and this is the first time I've encountered this. So wondering if it needs a break-in and whether the trigger will smooth out after awhile. Otherwise, I'm happy with the gun and the accuracy.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I've heard of others that complained about some trigger bite. Personally I haven't experienced the problem with my 320 full size. Love the trigger and wonder why so many are changing their triggers out. Perhaps I was just lucky.. don't know. I love the 320 so much that I'm buying another this weekend. I bet others here will have some sage advice for your trigger problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have three P320 FCUs along with a variety of barrels, slides and grips. I really like the system and have shot it well and with no hiccups using a pretty wide variety of ammo (most of it cheap) for about 2000 rounds. The ergos of the grip, the controls and general feel have really suited me. I have to admit though, that shortly after buying the first gun, that although the trigger felt great compared with numerous other brands of guns I tried, it wasn't quite there for me, maybe 75% to my liking. After 100 rounds or so my trigger finger would be left with a definite sting as a reminder. But definitely much better for me than the Glock bladed trigger for example. Not knocking Glocks or any other brands and designs but as you know, the feel is very individual and personal. I decided to try the Apex flat trigger and that took it to 90%. The sting was gone. Later I decided to try the GrayGuns flat along with its redesigned spring, as I was interested in lightening the pull but keeping what I had gained with the Apex. It worked! I'd say I'm close to 100% now!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I have well , had the old style trigger in my p320 for clse to 2 years and moved to a gray customs kit but I never in 46 years and shooting many handguns felt "trigger bite" . So hard to help some one that feels it .

That trigger looks like my stock trigger so I'd say gen 1 type . Adverse has a "mud flap" at the top that seal the opening to the frame . Apex makes a wider trigger now that may make a better change than sigs adverse trigger . Pay attention to how and where you place your finger , maybe .

·
Registered
305 Posts
As I understand the trigger bite, it is the individuals hand geometry. A good friend, has the same issue. He called his friend, Bruce Gray, and Bruce sent him one of his triggers, and no more bite. My friends hands are on the xxlarge size. He also requires the memory bump on his 1911 as a regular flat one will not engage, because of the size/geometry of his hands.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If you able to move your finger up higher on the trigger you may find that this will stop the problem. After having my gun for a while I noticed one day that my finger was getting sore, this had not happened before. Tried moving my finger up as stated above and have not had any problems since. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
440 Posts
Common complaint. Some do some don't. I had some discomfort, so installed the Apex flat trigger and all is good.

G.
I'll be installing the flat Apex on mine shortly. I never had a problem with trigger bite on my 9 MM, but then when I got the 357 Sig conversion kit I felt it. I'm guessing the extra power of the 357 Sig cartridge put me "over the edge". Looking forward to shooting it with flat Apex trigger.

·
Registered
188 Posts
here ya go

That's the old style, and it might be a good idea to try the new "adverse" trigger. It has cured the trigger-sting for many users.

The new trigger has a tab the extends forward of the trigger to cover the opening between the trigger and the grip module. There is also a bit more weight to the trigger and more material in the hollow behind the trigger. The extra weight stops/reduces vibrations that can be felt as a bite/sting.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was experiencing what I would call a mild trigger bite. After about 300 - 400 rounds, my finger was a little sore in one spot. The irritation lasted for quite awhile after that range session though (although very minor). I like flat faced triggers, and wanted to lighten up the pull a little anyway, so I went with the Gray Guns PELT trigger kit and it's been very good since.

I believe the "bite" comes from the shape of the curve, and as the trigger breaks and/or the recoil causes the finger to slip a tiny bit, and that split second of friction causes the "bite". I like to position low on the trigger and take advantage of the added leverage, so those that say move the finger up a little have a valid point, and to my theory, that may stop that tiny slippage for many.

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate the feedback and am calling SIG monday (3/27) to see if they're willing to fix the problem under warranty. I've read numerous threads with mixed comments:
1. Some posters say SIG charged for shipping AND the price of a new "adverse" trigger, costing over $100 for the repair. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!
2. Others report SIG installed the new trigger for nominal cost but kept the gun for several months. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!
3. A few said SIG fixed the problem FREE and got the gun back in a week or two. THIS IS HIGHLY ACCEPTABLE!
I will report back after contacting SIG CS. Meanwhile, here is a pic of the "old" SIG trigger, which I have, and the "adverse", which supposedly solves the trigger bite problem. I don't want to prejudge the outcome but unless SIG acknowledges this is a design flaw and satisfactorily resolves this issue (per No. 3), this will be my first and last SIG firearm.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for posting that picture. I checked both of mine, since I never thought about the trigger before, and I have the latter style. Even though I have a P320 in .45, it has the Generation 1 grip, but it was made 19 Oct, 2016 where the 9mm Carry was made Jan 26, 2017.

Reactions: Joe 320

·
Registered
761 Posts
I had the new adverse trigger, but as stated the bite wasn't too bad, maybe it would have bee worse?

The PELT is worth the $$$ IMO

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Called SIG today and was told I can have "adverse" trigger installed at a cost of $44 and will get the gun back in "3 to 4 weeks." The rep said the new trigger "might" fix the trigger bite but YMMV. The adverse trigger has a slightly different curvature, he said.

At this point still undecided whether to send it in or try to find a buyer. Never had to send a new gun in for a repair so not real pleased by my first experience with SIG,

In otherwise genial conversation with the rep I was told SIG has three new versions of the P320 coming out including the 320X5 "competition" model, the 320X Carry and the 320 with a new laser.

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
440 Posts
Called SIG today and was told I can have "adverse" trigger installed at a cost of $44 and will get the gun back in "3 to 4 weeks." The rep said the new trigger "might" fix the trigger bite but YMMV. The adverse trigger has a slightly different curvature, he said.

At this point still undecided whether to send it in or try to find a buyer. Never had to send a new gun in for a repair so not real pleased by my first experience with SIG,

In otherwise genial conversation with the rep I was told SIG has three new versions of the P320 coming out including the 320X5 "competition" model, the 320X Carry and the 320 with a new laser.
You can replace the trigger yourself, with some care. I tried to install a flat Apex trigger on mine. That part went fine, but unfortunately a pin on the opposite side of the FCU from trigger bar fell out, then a small spring fell out, so I took it to a gunsmith. If I had just kept my finger over that pin, or put some tape over it temporarily to hold it in, I think I would have been just fine. There are a couple videos on other threads that show how to do it. Alternatively, you can order the adverse trigger from Sig, then take it and your gun to a local gunsmith to install it so you don't have to send your gun in. That way, you are only without your gun for a few days or a week or so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.