SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have 2 FCUs 1 in a .40 Compact and 1 in a 9mm. Just got done shooting both and while using Blazer ammo in the 9mm I noticed the takedown lever got extremely hot. It was as if I was touching the barrel directly. I have never felt this on my .40 so I have to ask if anyone else has experienced this. I put through about 90 rounds back to back. Accuracy stayed on point throughout.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I started getting this after I switched to the Grayguns stainless steel guide rod. My assumption is the heat from the barrel transfers to the guide rod which transfers to the takedown lever because of the close proximity/contact. It seems to get hotter if the slide is left racked after a couple of magazines worth in a row vs. not racked. No solution other then wait a few minutes or throw a little water on the slide/tdl to dissipate the heat energy.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called Sig CS and they said it is fine and normal. Nothing to be concerned about. Just need to be careful with placement of the thumb and maybe more reason to buy a P320 X5.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I rest my left thumb on the lever all the time. I have never noticed it get too hot. I have ran a mix of everything, 115,124,147, +p's etc.

Could depend on how fast you are dumping mags...100 rounds in 10 minute, I can see it getting a bit warm....

·
Registered
409 Posts
So, I have 2 FCUs 1 in a .40 Compact and 1 in a 9mm. Just got done shooting both and while using Blazer ammo in the 9mm I noticed the takedown lever got extremely hot. It was as if I was touching the barrel directly. I have never felt this on my .40 so I have to ask if anyone else has experienced this. I put through about 90 rounds back to back. Accuracy stayed on point throughout.

What do you guys think?

My 9mm p320c gets hot too. My .40 did not.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Called Sig CS and they said it is fine and normal. Nothing to be concerned about. Just need to be careful with placement of the thumb and maybe more reason to buy a P320 X5.
What makes you think an X5 is going to make it go away? The thicker barrel might help, but I have my doubts. Otherwise, it's essentially the same gun with a different grip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed it on my sc 9 last week, ran 100 rounds of federal and 15 rounds of Barnes xpd after as I wanted to test my carry rounds.

On the SC my thumb is pretty much forced to be on it or in front of it and it did get pretty warm. Nothing uncomfortable but noticable

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.