SIG Talk banner

p320 tacops or legion

5258 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  lshooter
So i'm switching over from the glock platform to sig . i shot the p320 and really liked it so i was leaning towards purchasing the tacops version. Checking out sigs website i then got a look at the p226 legion. at first it looked like marketing at it's finest, but after reading a few reviews it seems like the upgrades are worth the money. it also seems like it's perfect out of the box. This gun wouldn't be a safe queen. i use all of my guns so this would be a home defense gun and something to take to the range. i have a few questions since i'm sure there are a few of you on here who own both,

A friend works at a gun store and can get me the tacops version for 625$ out the door and the 226legion for 1000$ out the door. (both new)

1) how is the reliability on both guns currently compared to say a glock?i read the p320 had some issues in the past and the legion with the finish when first released.

2) does the price difference justify getting the legion over the p320 in your opinion?

3) any other sig i should look at before going with one of these
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
I personally can't verify any reliability with legion series pistols but for the price they should have the "to hell and back reliability" as sig advertisesauer.

-- for the cost i just can't justify another safe queen but that doesn't stop me from lusting after the legions.

Many forum members here have both the p320 and legions, so maybe they will chime in.

Welcome to the forum and to Sig!

· Registered
381 Posts
You are almost talking apples and oranges between the two pistols. If you are used to glocks and haven't fired a DA/SA, there will be a learning curve, since there are two trigger pulls, the double action when first fire it (10lbs long pull) and single action for every shot after that (4.4lbs, very short pull)

While there is no safety, like the Glock, you will still need to get used to de-cocking before holstering.

All that said, I own both a Legion and the P320, and they are both awesome, and very reliable pistols. I find myself carrying my P320 more lately, and that is only because it is lighter than the Legion. Both will serve the purpose you are looking to use them. If you can get a Legion for $1000, I would jump on it, in a heartbeat. I paid about $1100 for mine, and now they are being sold for MSRP.

· Registered
741 Posts
I own two P320s (both with PELT triggers) , including a full size RX that I shoot very well. Also in my safe is a P226 Legion DA/SA with a Wolff reduced power mainspring that I shoot REALLY well. Wanting to combine the best traits of both pistols I bought a P226RX Elite SAO, very similar to a Legion SAO but with a Romeo sight, last week. All I can say about the SAO is that the trigger is amazing! It is the most accurate pistol I have ever shot, not because of the Romeo but because of the trigger I believe.

· Registered
5,818 Posts
Mostly it depends on what you want. Coming from Glock, you may prefer the P320 for the similarity.

I would still hold off on a Legion. The finish issues have not been confined to early guns, they persist. The Legion is a handsome gun, but if looks figure strongly in your decision, you may soon be disappointed in the finish's lack of long term durability and wear resistance.

As to the Legion's trigger "goodness" out-of-the-box, it does have trigger overtravel adjustment (a plus), but beyond that, lacking custom fitting, there won't be a discernable difference between that and other comparable SIGs. As well, even with the same model there will be some trigger feel variation from one sample to the next.

Disclaimer: I'm biased against plastic and striker, I acknowledge their pluses, but they are not for me, I'm a hammer guy for many reasons. My preference is for those SIG's made from the early 90's to the mid '00's or so . . . with later exceptions, like the P938, after mods to give it a decent trigger.

· Registered
592 Posts
Its really not a fair comparison. They are to very very different guns. Yes they both go bang but thats about it.

I don't have the budget for a lot of different guns. The 320 fits my needs for having the most options at the least investment. With buying one 320, one x-change kit, one frame, some barrels and mags (yes it added up) I netted 15 different build combinations. To me that is the same has 15 different guns. Granted I can't shot all at once, but I don't have 15 hands ... lol. This is where the 320 is like no other.

The Legion is an amazing gun. I fired a 229 in 9mm and it was like shooting butter ... OMG. For that is one gun and that is all it will ever be. There are some after market barrels but that is only if you start with a 40/357sig and the Legion doesn't come in 40/357sig to start.

The choice is do you want one gun or many guns. Thats a personal call on how you use them and features you value.

· Registered
469 Posts
both!

Reactions: SigNewb

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm going to be checking out the legion today and decided if i do get it to get the Double/single.

i just need the new x line of p320's. i'm going to wait for them to be released before making a decision. i think i could be in love. bye bye g19/26

sig just take my money!

· Registered
33 Posts
I would wait on the legion. I'm sorry the legion finish just blows goats. Had two and sold them because just looking at the finish look like it would come off. Sig kept the nitron finish
And made it with a 1913 pic rail like the mk25, they would of have a homerun.

Unacceptable for the price paying.

· Registered
233 Posts
The Legion is a nice looking gun and a nice shooting gun but I would not own one except that it was gifted to me. The finish is **** and I've already got a couple scratches on it and I don't even have a holster for it yet.

For the same price or less you could get a Glock 17 or a P320 and upgrade it.

I like the P320 but I hate the grip modules, sold almost all of mine and bought a Glock 17.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just went and checked out his legion. It was amazing. I asked him how many round he had through it and around 300-400 so far. But I noticed the slide was starting to flake :/. That's unacceptable on a gun that price so I'm not dealing with that

I loved the p320 so I'm going to wait to get the x vtac when it comes out in a month. Basically a p320 with a lot of the legion like upgrades. Thanks for the help
guys

· Registered
77 Posts
I like the DA/SA Sigs and at this time am not ready for a P320 and yes we have handled one.
Nice light striker trigger.

We own several Sigs and one is a P229 Legion with near
2000 flawless rounds through it and no finish blemishes or flaking. We added a light to it.
Really enjoying this pistol.
We like the DA/SA format.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.