SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at either of these. Both in 40 s&w sc holds 10 and because I'm in NY the compact also will hold 10 as that's our mag restriction. What I'm wondering is which do you think I should go with? I can get 3 fingers on the sc no issue and obviously same with the compact. I'm not worried about the easier to shoot aspect as much as I am concealability. Is the compact that much harder to conceal being slightly longer and like a half inch longer in the grip? Which would you recommend and why?

· Registered
150 Posts
I prefer to carry my SC since it is a few ounces lighter and a bit smaller. There isn't much difference in thickness so printing isn't a factor. With my big hands, I had to add a pinky grip mag extension to get a full 3 finger grip though.

At the range, I like the feel of the compact better and the slightly longer barrel, in theory, should improve accuracy.

You can have the best of both worlds if you get the SC to carry and buy a compact caliber exchange kit for the range. It's a bit cheaper than buying a second gun and there is no NICS involved.

· Registered
1,798 Posts
Ditto on what 6zfshdb said above. About carrying and shooting. However my wife carries the sc. I carry the compact. I Use an stealthgear hybird holster full size. The smaller one they make now may work better for you. I like the full size I have. Have not tried the smaller one. Either choice on the gun; you will be happy.

· Registered
22 Posts
I like the compact better (big hands here) however the sub will be easier to conceal with out a doubt. Doesn't seem to be much benefit to compact for you other than sight radius, so maybe look at the compact slide on the SC frame.

Even though I carry the compact, the full size mags fit in both and so i carry the compact mag loaded and the full size as my spare mags. They also fit the SC.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the compact better (big hands here) however the sub will be easier to conceal with out a doubt. Doesn't seem to be much benefit to compact for you other than sight radius, so maybe look at the compact slide on the SC frame.

Even though I carry the compact, the full size mags fit in both and so i carry the compact mag loaded and the full size as my spare mags. They also fit the SC.
Thats what I was wondering was getting the compact and buying an sc grip module. But then the length is still longer than the sc and idk if it will be that much more beneficial

· Registered
67 Posts
I tend to prefer either the compact or full size of any pistol.

· Premium Member
868 Posts
Thats what I was wondering was getting the compact and buying an sc grip module. But then the length is still longer than the sc and idk if it will be that much more beneficial
I carry the compact on a SC grip and have no issues concealing it. Most, including myself, find the length of the grip is what prints the most, not the length of the barrel. I carry IWB around 3:30 with a slight cant.

· Registered
345 Posts
I carry the compact on a SC grip and have no issues concealing it. Most, including myself, find the length of the grip is what prints the most, not the length of the barrel. I carry IWB around 3:30 with a slight cant.
I tried the C-slide/SC-grip setup but it didn't work for me. Only during winter and with a jacket would it work.

I am only able to conceal if I carry AIWB. What kind of holster are you using?

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to the Sig world...been a Glockofile...but just bought a 320c. Anyone have a picture they could post of a 320c slide on a 320 full grip module? I'd like to see what it looks like before I bought a full sized grip. Thx

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm new to the Sig world...been a Glockofile...but just bought a 320c. Anyone have a picture they could post of a 320c slide on a 320 full grip module? I'd like to see what it looks like before I bought a full sized grip. Thx
Well, what you want is a carry model P320 which has a compact slide on a full-length grip module, and you should be able to find plenty of pictures of them on the SIG-Sauer website and elsewhere. If you already have a P320 compact and can't find a carry grip module, you could get a grip module for the full-size P320 and cut off the portion of the dust cover that overhands the end of the slide.

· Registered
150 Posts
A P320 Compact slide on a full size grip module as requested. Not sure why you would want to do this unless you plan to cut .75" or so off the grip to match the slide length.

Attachments

Reactions: greeenteeee
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.