SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get the P320 .40 subcompact and would like to know if it is possible to convert to 357sig. I'm thinking sig doesn't provide that option unless you move to the compact size. The mag reads both calibers. Are the subcompact mags used in another gun like the 224?

Is 357sig too hot for the SC frame size? Was looking at a 224 .40 to convert possibly but don't have any experience with either platform to make an informed decision.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Mike, welcome, they don't list the SC in 357. That said if they do not offer it and you really want it you could always get BarSto to do you a barrel.

Unless you just really want the very slight difference in barrel length, get the Compact in 357 and then buy a subcompact grip frame.

The length difference in the barrel is really not much.

Reactions: sigke

·
Registered
556 Posts
get the Compact in 357 and then buy a subcompact grip frame.

Above is what I would. Not much difference, and also more versatile.

I recall seeing a thread where another member was wanting to do what you are describing. SIG told him that the SC barrel was not compatible across 250 and 320. Unlike the compact and full size options, SIG said there was slight dimensional differences between the SC 320 and SC 250. Again, this is what I recall. I could be incorrect.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I have a P320c in 357 Sig. I tried using it on a SC grip and I thought it was too hot for me. I have no issues with the round in my P229 or P226, but I did not like shooting it without my pinky on the grip.

I shoot with a compact grip in .40 and 357 Sig and feel that the .40 shoots softer than 357 Sig in this configuration.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've shot my compact on the sub grip with 147 gr Sellier and Beloit FMJ and without a compact magazine and X grip, it is not too pleasant. Not having a pinky finger on the grip definitely shows how snappy the 357 Sig round is. With at least a 13 round magazine and the X-grip adapter it is not a problem, and lighter weight bullet ammunition is ok with the sub grip and 10 rounder. The compact size grip is definitely the more comfortable for the 357 Sig. I don't have a .40 barrel so I can't comment on it in .40 cal.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk Mike. I hope with the help and suggestions from the members here you are able to achieve what you are after or find a better option. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have both, 320sc in .357 and the P224 in .357. Both are original .40's. I bought a .357 barrel for a P250 to go in my P320 and it works flawlessly. I bought a .357 barrel for the P224 to swap with my .40. Sig reps told me the 357 P250 barrel works perfectly in the P320 and it does. I double and triple checked this with them before I bought the P320sc because this is what I wanted. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike, welcome, they don't list the SC in 357. That said if they do not offer it and you really want it you could always get BarSto to do you a barrel.

Unless you just really want the very slight difference in barrel length, get the Compact in 357 and then buy a subcompact grip frame.

Thanks RatBikeRod, I think I'm leaning in that direction. Appreciate your help.
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a P320c in 357 Sig. I tried using it on a SC grip and I thought it was too hot for me. I have no issues with the round in my P229 or P226, but I did not like shooting it without my pinky on the grip.

I shoot with a compact grip in .40 and 357 Sig and feel that the .40 shoots softer than 357 Sig in this configuration.
Beefstews,
That's what I was wondering about the round being hot for the subcompact. Might go with a compact

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to SigTalk Mike. I hope with the help and suggestions from the members here you are able to achieve what you are after or find a better option. Greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.
Thanks Olbriar,
This is a great group and I appreciate all of the great recommendations. Greetings.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have both, 320sc in .357 and the P224 in .357. Both are original .40's. I bought a .357 barrel for a P250 to go in my P320 and it works flawlessly. I bought a .357 barrel for the P224 to swap with my .40. Sig reps told me the 357 P250 barrel works perfectly in the P320 and it does. I double and triple checked this with them before I bought the P320sc because this is what I wanted. Hope this helps.
3 Minutes,
This is great info and I appreciate you relating your experience, just what I was looking for.

How hot is the .357 in the subcompact for you? It looks like I'm going to be deciding between the subcompact p250 barrel or go the compact route for the P320 in .357.

Hmmm. Decisions.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
3 Minutes,
This is great info and I appreciate you relating your experience, just what I was looking for.

How hot is the .357 in the subcompact for you? It looks like I'm going to be deciding between the subcompact p250 barrel or go the compact route for the P320 in .357.

Hmmm. Decisions.

Thanks!
Mike
Honestly, I'd go with the compact, its not much bigger than the sc. I'm 6'4" and can conceal the compact easily. However, the sc is obviously easier to conceal and a lot of times I carry in my pocket, the sc fits nicely but no way could I get the compact in my pocket. But, the P-250 barrel works great in the P320. The "hotness" of the .357 doesn't bother me in the sc, if it did, I would get a compact mag with the x grip adaptor. I carry everywhere I go, for that reason I'm fond of subcompacts. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not the best shooter however I can get rounds on target just as fast with my .357sc as I can with my .357 compact. I also shoot the G32 and G33. The only time I noticed a big difference in compact and sub compact was shooting the hot double tap ammo. With the hot double tap ammo the lower bore axis of the Glock made a big difference.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also bought a P320/P250 .357 barrel for my .40 P320sc and it works fine. The .357 round is definitely hot for the sc but I find it manageable using a pinky grip. You'll definitely feel it though after 100 rounds or so.

Reactions: 3 minutes till 4

·
Registered
604 Posts
I was about to place an order for a P250 SC .357sig, but I'm wondering if it's worth it for me. Even with a discount it's pricey and I'm wondering if the .25in really is worth the money.

I have a .357sig Compact/Carry barrel, but haven't used it yet. Range time has been to come by. Attached are pics of the setup.

The more I look at this the more I think this will work and saves the cost of a barrel.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts