SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
installing a grayguns trigger on my p320, following the bruce gray video every step of the way.

Get the trigger bar off, getting ready to install the new parts anddddddddd....

the striker safety pin and spring fell out on their own, wasnt rough with the fcu, just handling it like normal.

are these supposed to just be able to come out on their own?

i think i have them back in correctly, or at least they fit back in place correctly but the pin still wants to slide out on its own if i give the fcu a little shake.

Ive had the gun for a couple years now and never remember the pin wanting to come out on its own whenever i cleaned it, and im not gentle when i clean it.

edit: yes i did read the instructions on the product page where it says the safety pin can fall out when doing the install. I was careful to watch for it and held my finger over it when taking off the trigger bar, i guess my hand moved for all of 2 seconds and the pin came out. it just doesnt seem right that it should come out with just a little non violent shaking and normal twisting and turning like you would do to inspect the fcu.

Am i just being crazy?

edit again:

k so i just went with it, decided who cares if im crazy.

got the grayguns trigger installed. trigger seems to have a bit of take up and i dont really hear an audible reset anymore. normal or is something screwey? reset also feels like its a mile long.

cant shoot it to find out until sunday :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
The only pin I noticed during my GG trigger install that can easily work it's way loose is the trigger stop pin... it can fall out when the FCU is not in the grip module as the module helps prevent the pin from backing out (from what I see and have read).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is mushy take up, long non audible slightly tactile reset normal with the gg triggers?

·
Registered
P320 45 ACP Carry, P320 9MM Carry, P320 357 Sig Carry conversion kit, Colt 1911 45 ACP Government
381 Posts
I had the exact same thing happened - striker safety pin and spring came out. I ended up taking it to a gunsmith to reassemble just to be safe. I'll be installing a flat Apex trigger on my 45 and this time I'm just going to put some masking tape over that pin to ensure it stays in while I'm swapping the triggers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts