SIG Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the reply. If I read it right, it refers to magazine length and adapters that'll fit different height frams.

I was trying to ask about circumference choices.

My bad if it wasn't clear.

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
For a guy that's never paid much attention to sig till a p320 got my attention a week ago . To me the handgun line up is very understandable . I see no problems with what they offer this year . All four pistol show with all the specs . The Carry model I saw at our dealer has the same grip I have on the full size and shows that at sigs site . Ya can't worry about what some LGS has on there site for info

The X grip is nice option to have for the guy with big hands that buys a compact to be able to fill the gap in longer mags with longer mags . We have a couple of them or my wife m&p compact for a few years now to fill the gap for the full size mags she has for her core .

Some here sound like a the glock folks when something new comes along in the line like the odd dimple pattern or when the gen 4 came out and then the thinner 45's .
The sky is falling . HA

I tink I better duck and run !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good post. Are the interchangeable grip modules out yet? I briefly fondled a full size 320 in a store and although I liked it I would like to have seen it just a little less thick.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just received my full size X-change Kit in .40 S&W. I thought the new carry used a full size grip module like the full size but it does not, the one I received is too long for the Compact Slide. It must have its own unique grip module. So that means there will be 4 sizes of grip modules, Full Size, Carry, Compact, and Sub Compact.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
The carry has a full size mag but shorter length and the same length as a compact ?? Then the carry use's a full size mag and the carry would need a shorter mag or X grip spacer for the full size mags !! Oh heck , I tink I got that right , so corn-fuze-ing

·
Registered
344 Posts
The carry has a full size mag but shorter length and the same length as a compact ?? Then the carry use's a full size mag and the carry would need a shorter mag or X grip spacer for the full size mags !! Oh heck , I tink I got that right , so corn-fuze-ing
I thought you were the one that had it all figured out:)

To the best of my knowledge the new 2015 Carry uses full size magazines without spacers but has a shorter grip module length wise. From the descriptions on the Sig site they refer to a full size grip module on the Carry. I assumed (apparently wrongly) that the Full Size and Carry used the same grip module. The carry will have a grip that length wise is somewhere in between the Compact and Full Size. I have seen no mention of a Carry grip module anywhere including the 2015 LE price list.

I will be glad when someone actually sees or buys one of the new Carry models so we can clear this up.

Reactions: Rustybore

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I have a ramped gun and watch problem. I think they are related since I buy more and more edc handuns for the addition security risk.. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:p

Very nice watch,simple elegance. My preferred style not bling bam.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mysto's post # 1 on sig terminology, still confused?

Two Sigs designated as:
320 C 9 B SS
320 C 9 TSS ODG

Is the 'C' in the designation a Carry or Compact?

I get it that the 'SS' indicates the presence of the 'SigSight'. What does the B, ODG, and T paticulars designate?

Some of us may have to order our pistol based only on a postage stamp sized 2 Dimension image and Sig's nomenclature. Sig dot com isn't any help.

Thanks again.

salty

·
Registered
586 Posts
Great post. You may want to edit it and add the height dimensions for the compact 5.3" and the carry 5.5". That explains the grip size and magazine capacity differences. All other dimensions are the same.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Too Sigs designated as:
320 C 9 B SS
320 C 9 TSS ODG

Is the 'C' in the designation a Carry or Compact?

I get it that the 'SS' indicates the presence of the 'SigSight'. What does the B, ODG, and T paticulars deignate?

Some of us may have to order our pistol based only on a postage stamp sized 2 Dimension image and Sig's nomenclature. Sig dot com isn't any help.

Thanks again.

salty
C = Compact (15 rounds)
CA = CArry (17 rounds)
B = Nitron Finish (essentially Black).
T = Two tone. in this case, slide is black (Nitron) and frame is OD Green

TB = Threaded barrel (haven't seen this available yet).
FDE = Flat Dark Earth.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts