SIG Talk banner

P320 Sights

1631 7
I have a P320 Carry with #6 Front and #8 Rear. I've been having issues with shooting low and left (anticipation) and it's terrible when I use my 320. Last week I went through a trial run of the FDLE course with a S&W M&P 40 and shot significantly better and wasn't even close to being as bad as shooting with my 320. My shots were still low and left but out of 50 rounds I actually managed to get 10-15 rounds Center mass and that's something I'm having difficulty achieving with my 320 where I just can't seem to get. Besides having to work on my basic skills with my firearm, I heard on an early post that having a #6 Front post was too tall for the #8 Rear. Along with that, I was also wondering if I'm supposed to hold my sights at a 6' o'clock position or a combat hold? I'm really confused with this and any advice would be really helpful.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,469 Posts
Rather than being concerned with the sights, I might suggest you spend more time with your technique. Spend 5 to 10 minutes everyday doing dry fire drills, this will help you more than you can imagine. Rather than adjusting the sights to hit where you are shooting, adjust your shooting so you consistently hit where the sights are pointing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
SIG says to use sight picture 3, which is the combat sight pic. My gun has same setup as yours and is right on. However others have reported shooting low with this setup and have changed their front sight to a #8.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I also shoot the 320 low and left. I finally borrowed a rest and found the sights were fine the problem was me. Odd because I shoot P series Sigs close to point of aim, only have a problem with the 320. I have the same problem with glocks shooting low and left .

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you research your issue you will find many more people benefit from 8/8 sights rather than 6/8 sights on a 9mm P320 myself included. My 40S&W P320 has a 6/8 and it is dead on. Both of my 9mm P320's have 8/8 and they are dead on. All guns use a combat hold which I don't like but that's for another thread.

If you are certain that your point of impact is off more than what it should be at your skill level then change your front sight to a #8. I was shooting low and I was 100% certain that my grip, finger placement and sight picture were correct so instead of wasting ammo trying to fix an issue I knew wasn't me I replaced my sight and that was an immediate fix.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a P320 Carry with #6 Front and #8 Rear. I've been having issues with shooting low and left (anticipation) and it's terrible when I use my 320. Last week I went through a trial run of the FDLE course with a S&W M&P 40 and shot significantly better and wasn't even close to being as bad as shooting with my 320. My shots were still low and left but out of 50 rounds I actually managed to get 10-15 rounds Center mass and that's something I'm having difficulty achieving with my 320 where I just can't seem to get. Besides having to work on my basic skills with my firearm, I heard on an early post that having a #6 Front post was too tall for the #8 Rear. Along with that, I was also wondering if I'm supposed to hold my sights at a 6' o'clock position or a combat hold? I'm really confused with this and any advice would be really helpful.
This issue has been discussed many times in this forum. I had the same issue. I finally had to replace the #6 front sight with a #8. This solved my problem. As a side note I bought a P226 Legion SAO 9mm and it came with a # 8 front sight..... I don't understand the logic here. I called Sig and they said it is sighted in for 25 yards. I am 70 years old, hell I can't even see the hole in the target at that distance. Now I use the same sight picture as my 1911's so all is well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.