SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question but is there any difference in the dovetail between the 9mm and 45 P320? My subcompact came with a #6 rear sight and I want to change it to a #8 because I am always shooting low. I found the # 8 sight at Top Gun Supply but when I was looking at the part # they have listed on other sites it kept coming up as the sight for the 45 not the 9mm. I am thinking that is just because it is typically used on the 45 and not the 9mm but I figured I better make sure before I spent the money that it will work on the 9mm as well to raise my POI.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Not exactly what you're asking for but the differences between my two compact slides had slightly different dovetail measurements.

I had Trijicon HDs on the 9mm slide originally then moved them to the .357 slide, but they were too loose so I had to "smush" the base of the sights a bit to get them to work. I don't know if the differences were spec or a one-off fluke. The 9mm had the slide lightening cutouts while the .357 did not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally I wish Sig would go with a screw in front sight instead of the tap in. I had a set of Dawson Precision Sights installed on my 320 FS and it seemed like the Gunsmith was taking a wild guess whether they were centered or not...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.