SIG Talk banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
I would call it a safety issue if I can't use their product safely without issue or injury. I think it was more that just a few people that the trigger was an issue - to include Hickok 45.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Have a great 4th.

I'd be willing to bet more people found they had an issue after watching his video. If he has a problem I must have a defective pistol.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I must have a fluke of production. My 320 has a production date of 24 Jan 2015. I have the old trigger, take down lever, and slide stop. My hands are big enough that I can drop the magazine with my middle finger or thumb of the same hand without shifting my grip. While I only have about 700 rounds through mine to date I can't be happier.
I'm not trying to bash anyone, but I wonder if some of the complaints aren't like the issues had when training people with a issue style 1911. I can't tell you how many people have had a hole punched in the Web of their hand by the old spur hammer that just needed to change their mechanics by 1/4 of a inch.
I wonder if John Browning considered that a safety issue.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd be willing to bet more people found they had an issue after watching his video. If he has a problem I must have a defective pistol.
I found out I had an issue (Pinched finger) after I shot the gun, didn't even know the video existed at the time it first occurred. If I shoot just a few rounds there is not a problem, but if I shoot 50+ (which I do frequently) the issue is very noticeable.

When you have the issue you know it, because your finger hurts and shooting the gun causes pain not because of a video.

I have 2 P320's one with the old trigger and one with the "adverse" trigger, There is a difference in the two. I do not have the issue with the newer style trigger.

Reactions: scsu74

·
Registered
344 Posts
I must have a fluke of production. My 320 has a production date of 24 Jan 2015. I have the old trigger, take down lever, and slide stop. My hands are big enough that I can drop the magazine with my middle finger or thumb of the same hand without shifting my grip. While I only have about 700 rounds through mine to date I can't be happier.
I'm not trying to bash anyone, but I wonder if some of the complaints aren't like the issues had when training people with a issue style 1911. I can't tell you how many people have had a hole punched in the Web of their hand by the old spur hammer that just needed to change their mechanics by 1/4 of a inch.
I wonder if John Browning considered that a safety issue.
This problem only occurs for me with my P320 with the old trigger. I have several other pistols including Glocks, S&W M&P's, HK, and other Sigs that I do not have a problem with. I don't want to change my mechanics for just one gun.

It may not be a Safety Issue but it is a pain issue and I don't like shooting a gun that hurts my finger.

If there is not a problem as some seem to want to believe because they don't have the pinch issue, why did Sig redesign the trigger to eliminate the problem?

Hopefully Sig will soon make the trigger available for purchase.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I didn't mean to sound like I didn't believe that the problem doesn't exist for some. I personally just don't think it's a "safety" problem is what I meant. Launching the back half of the slide into the shooters face like I have personally seen a G21 do, a poor chamber design that causes ruptured cases, or firing out of battery is a "safety" issue to me.

Pistols just like cars all have minor changes over their lifespan. No matter how many thousands of rounds, or millions of miles the development team puts in it's never a one size fits all world, and real world use and situations always differ from the lab and test range. What works fine for me may not work well for my son and so on.

I'm glad Sig acknowledged that they had a flaw and worked to correct it. Many companies don't anymore.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got mine back yesterday (1 week turn time) and it definitely fixed the problem. Put 100 rounds through it today and no issues. No tingle or blood blister. Happy now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Now that I see the difference between the Adverse Trigger and other P320 OEM Triggers, what is the difference between P320 Triggers stamped #1 and #2? One of my P320's had a #1 while the other had a #2 and they both look the same. Everything from the top, side and back of the triggers look exactly the same.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts