SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the P320 Compact 9mm and the Subcompact 9mm and love them both. Shoots great and recoil is soft Was thinking about getting the exchange kit for .357 but am afraid the recoil will be pretty harsh Any thoughts?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the P320 Compact 9mm and the Subcompact 9mm and love them both. Shoots great and recoil is soft Was thinking about getting the exchange kit for .357 but am afraid the recoil will be pretty harsh Any thoughts?
I have both the P320 compact and sub compact in .357. I feel the recoil more on the SC but neither weapon is difficult to handle. I found adding a pinky grip on the SC helped with my big hands.

Reactions: Beefstews

·
Registered
P320 Carry 45, 9MM, 357 Sig, Colt 1911, QHMC M1 Carbine, Astra 1915 32, Mossberg MVP Patrol 5.56MM
451 Posts
I just got a 357 sig conversion kit (Carry size). I love it. I find the 357 sig to be quite managable. I find the recoil easier to manage than a 40 (though I have only shot a 40 in other guns, not the p320). If you can, go to a range and rent a 357 sig, even if it is in a different gun. That might be difficult to find, though, so if you can't find a 357 sig to rent, try a 40 to give you an idea. If a 40 is comfortable for you to shoot, so will a 357 sig - it should be a little easier to handle than the 40.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I shoot the .357 Sig in my P250sc (same frame as your P320) and it is not uncomfortable and I have arthritis in my shooting hand. A little snappier than a 9, but not bad. Frankly, no where near is bad as a .357 Mag in a Ruger LCR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I shoot the .357 Sig in my P250sc (same frame as your P320) and it is not uncomfortable and I have arthritis in my shooting hand. A little snappier than a 9, but not bad. Frankly, no where near is bad as a .357 Mag in a Ruger LCR.
My 226 357 SIG is quite pleasant to shoot, little loud. It is a little "snappy" but not bad.
FWIW, my Redhawk in 44 mag is no where as bad as a .357 Mag in a Ruger LCR!
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.