SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very pleased with my P320 RX. Second trip to the range and we are starting to become friends.

I've noticed the P320 shoots better than my M&P but is less forgiving. I need to make sure my grip is firmer and just right where my M&P was a little less strict. Obviously you have to hang on to any gun lol, just the SIG needs a more "perfect" grip (whatever that is). A little hard to explain but hopefully you get the idea. When my grip is right the SIG is tighter groups. Maybe I should say flyers with my M&P are a few inches away, and the SIG they are 2 to 3 times that.

Bottom line I'm sure it's just growing pains with a new gun. Might also be the Medium frame is a little large for my liking. I don't have huge hands, and they aren't tiny either, just find more comfort and control with a smaller grip.

This was 34 rounds at about 40 feet, after about 350 and getting a little tired. The 350 before were good practice and helped me improve, but had I not been getting tired I might have had 1 less flyer. The group is off because I pushed the first shot slightly, and aimed at that hole from then on. All the success is the gun, and all the failure belongs to me LOL...I really like this gun.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That's pretty darn good shooting! The RX is great! Interesting, I find my P320s are very forgiving, and I personally shoot them very well for me. In fact, with limited experience with compact size pistols I shoot my P320c way better than any other compact pistol I have ever shot.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining, because that is far from the case.

When I do my job, the second shot goes through the first hole, which would never happen with my M&P and to be clear I am not able to do that often, and I am talking about 15-20 feet...I'm not bragging at all, except maybe about the capabilities of this gun. Both guns are way better than I am, but I can tell the SIG is more capable than the M&P. Just for me when I get a little sloppy, the M&p stays a little closer. I should also say I have probably 10,000 - 15,000 rounds through M&Ps in the last year, and had the SIG for a week, and just nearing 900.

All that said, I actually think that is a very good thing, I would rather see my errors, so I work harder and more consistently to correct them and grip it right and do everything else right every time.

With 2 range trips and about 900 rounds, the slide failed to stay open twice and that is it, for failures. And I can't be certain my thumb wasn't on the slide lock...I don't think so but could be. With 115gr walmart. WWB and aluminum case federal.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Maybe a frame grip change or something to improve range day grip .. Buy a box of Nytrile Gloves . Good for gun clean up and mechanic work too but really help with grip control .

Might be a good time to think about getting into reloading like a basic dillion set up !! Or buying in bulk on line so you can use a better quality of ammo and not spend more doing it .

If Georgia Arms folks visits a gun show near you try there some of there bulk 124gr canned heat ammo .. When work was mostly all consuming for me I shoot many thousands of rounds of the canned heat ammo and hp new ammo . There bonded HP is speer gold dots bullets and it was always reliable and better quality than most of the big ammo companies cheap stuff .

"Canned Heat" 9mm Luger 124gr Full Metal Jacket NATO - Georgia Arms

·
Registered
47 Posts
If your P320 is like the rest it has a 7lb+ trigger pull new out of the box. That is hard to manage shooting full mags over a long time at paper for tight groups. A 7lb trigger would be ok for action shooting and carry. Different kind of trigger management than shooting for tight groups on paper. You grip issues may be trigger related, who knows.

For target shooting I suggest you shoot at smaller targets and shoot 5 shots only and then change targets giving yourself a little rest. You have 8 bulls on that target, that's 40 rounds in 5 shot groups. Gives you more feedback than a big hole.

I highly suggest a GGI drop in trigger. It reduced my RX to 4lb 4oz on my Lyman scale and the trigger became much more manageable. Not great IMHO, but better. With the trigger change you should be able to shoot sub 1.5 inch 5 shot groups at 10 yards with the RX consistently. Forget the flyers, we all have them. This gun is very accurate with almost any ammo I have tried.

One word of caution. Watch the 2 large screws that hold the Romeo optic on. Mine came loose at 200 rounds. I used blue locktite and re-torqued. I also indexed the screws so I could keep an eye on them. Have fun with your new toy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.