SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I field stripped my P320 after first use - less than 100 rounds - just to have a look and to clean the barrel. (I did engage the slide stop, as required, before turning the takedown lever.) Went to put the receiver and slide back together, and the slide wouldn't go all the way back. Turns out the sear safety arm is sticking up. In pictures and videos on the www, it appears that the arm should be laying down when the slide goes back one.
I did remove the fire control assembly from the grip module and flip the slide stop to release internal safety so I could pull the trigger. I thought that this would enable me to work the trigger, and the mechanism would go back where it belongs. No joy. So, unless someone has an easier solution, the gun is in two parts and useless until I completely disassemble and reassemble the fire control assembly (which I really don't want to mess with).
Aside from my frustration with the fact that I really don't want to have to disassemble and reassemble the fire control assembly, I'm wondering how it got up like this and why I can't get it to pivot back down where it belongs. Any ideas? I'd hate to get this fixed and then have it happen again.
???

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
it happened to me. I just pushed it down, once i realized why my slide wouldn't go all the way back on the frame. Once i pushed it back to place the gun reassembled perfectly.

I was nervous, but have shot 1500 rounds since then with no problems. Not sure how it got up, but it was easy fix and no lingering problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.