SIG Talk banner

P320 SC X-Change Kit Failure after Two Rounds

1189 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  gundrted
I just wanted to pass along to everyone what happened to my brand new SC 40sw x-change kit. This happened after two round. Everything was assembled correctly and fresh cleaned/greased.

I've already emailed Sig and should hear something on Monday.

(Pics in next post)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to see that. Aggravating to be sure. I'm sure Sig will stand behind it. Probably want to see it I would imagine.

Let us know the outcome.

· Registered
23 Posts
Please let us know what Sig says and does about that. I had the double feed issue with my 9mm sc. The v2 extractor they sent me seems to have fixed the problem, but my confidence in the pistol is still in the "being repaired" process. I' m using it in matches but still carrying old faithful - baby Glock.

· Registered
230 Posts
I just wanted to pass along to everyone what happened to my brand new SC 40sw x-change kit. This happened after two round. Everything was assembled correctly and fresh cleaned/greased.

I've already emailed Sig and should hear something on Monday.

(Pics in next post)
This could use a better description of what happened besides photos.

BTW, does the 40SW SC require the flat sides of RSA to be vertical like the 9SC?

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After the second round was fired the gun didn't fire. I checked it saw what is in the pics. I was able to clear round in the chamber and disassemble it.

I put the FCU back into my Compact and shoot about 200 more rounds throuble free.

The pics really sat it all.

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE

Today I provided the SN of my FCU to the Sig rep via email. He confirmed they will process an RMA and I should see it shortly.

For those that are thinking that this is taking a while, it is, but I'm not pushing the issue. I'm choosing to handle this via email and avoid calling.

· Registered
408 Posts
This could use a better description of what happened besides photos.

BTW, does the 40SW SC require the flat sides of RSA to be vertical like the 9SC?
Yes, the SC slide will not go back on correctly with the flat side on the rear of the spring horizontal like in the picture. I just took mine apart to check and the spring will only go between the FCU with the flat part of the spring vertical.

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE

Still trying to get my RMA processed.

I forget that company's have to boil things down to the lowest common denominator.

I had to send an email detailing how I had the correct spring in the correct slide, ammo used and so forth.

I may have to include the FCU in the RMA and that really is annoying because I couldn't use my Compact/Carry during that time?

· Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update

I have the my P320 back. Paperwork just says replace recoils spring, test fired 50 rounds, no issues.

The barrel is the same because its still greased. I can't tell if anything was changed with the slide. Overall the slide works MUCH better than I remember before firing it. I haven't got to the range yet but if Sig ran 50 rounds through it I'm not worried.

Total turn around time we was about 10 business days ... door to door.

I'm extremely happy and its service like this that keeps me coming back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.