SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post to the site. I have looked over several other threads about this issue, but none seem to solidly answer this question. I just bought one of the no-rail p320 subcompact grip modules (sold without mag release assembly) off of CDNN. I swapped the mag catch from my p320 compact to the new grip, and it seems too long. It works fine, but is not flush on the side with the catch and sticks out pretty far on the button side. Other threads discuss and show pictures of shorter mag releases, but I just called Sig and they said they have absolutely never made any other size of mag release. I can find pictures online of SC p320s that have mag catch assemblies that fit flush like they are supposed to, so I dont know what the deal is. Any insight to this?

·
Banned
909 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

I have never seen a P320 factory or third party mag release that did not fit flush on the off side. There are a lot of third party extended releases. I own a half dozen or so. Are you the original owner of the pistol you took the release from? Is the compact grip module factory?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The P320 subcompact mag release parts (also including the same grip module for the P250) are smaller than all of the other grips for those guns. Both ends (button and catch) are different on the subcompact mag release assembly, than on all of the other grip sizes.

The SIG CS person was evidently mistaken (for whatever reason).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Georgia.

I have never seen a P320 factory or third party mag release that did not fit flush on the off side. There are a lot of third party extended releases. I own a half dozen or so. Are you the original owner of the pistol you took the release from? Is the compact grip module factory?
I am the second owner of the compact p320 I took the mag release off of and it appears to be a factory part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The P320 subcompact mag release parts (also including the same grip module for the P250) are smaller than all of the other grips for those guns. Both ends (button and catch) are different on the subcompact mag release assembly, than on all of the other grip sizes.

The SIG CS person was evidently mistaken (for whatever reason).
Do you know where I might find a replacement part for it, or whether there is another forum or thread I should reach out in? I have searched every iteration of words I could think of to find the part. Your comment and a maybe a half dozen other comments in threads that are years old are the only places I can find anywhere online that confirm that there is a size difference in the parts. The CS at Sig even told me that the picture I saw showing 2 different sizes must have been fake, so I am glad to see your comment.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do you know where I might find a replacement part for it, or whether there is another forum or thread I should reach out in? I have searched every iteration of words I could think of to find the part. Your comment and a maybe a half dozen other comments in threads that are years old are the only places I can find anywhere online that confirm that there is a size difference in the parts. The CS at Sig even told me that the picture I saw showing 2 different sizes must have been fake, so I am glad to see your comment.
There is a subforum here for P250/P320. If you could get this moved or start a new thread looking there, you would have more knowing eyeballs.

Grips used to usually come with the mag release, but that seems to have ended. Going by the picture this grip might come with one for a pretty good price; https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-p320sc-p250sc-45-small-grip-module-odg.html?___SID=U#.X3XafhSSlhE

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had honestly never thought of that so I pulled a couple of mine and checked just now. Compact is just a bit longer than the SC. Even triple checked by pulling the mag release out of my compact small and it was the same length as the compact medium. There must be a specific part number for the SC mag release. Pic for proof, top compact bottom SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
I ordered the same grip in FDE without the mag release. Then order the release parts from another source. Had the same issue. I later scored an SC conversion kit that included the mag release. They are different. Note the pics below.

Here the release buttons from the "extra" I bought (on the right) and the included one on the left. Note the right side corner. The small plastic retaining clip is also different to match the button.

IMG_0009.JPG

Here's the SC release in the SC grip it came in. Note how it sits slightly recessed.

IMG_0013.JPG

Here's the spare I bought in the FDE module from CDNN. Note how it sits a bit proud yet still flush with the disassembly notch.

IMG_0014.JPG

Also note I have a Compact and XCompact grip module. Those sit flush and look the same as the spare.

Edited to add: Perhaps because these are SMALL grips. I wonder if the railed SC ones fit the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the same grip in FDE without the mag release. Then order the release parts from another source. Had the same issue. I later scored an SC conversion kit that included the mag release. They are different. Note the pics below.

Here the release buttons from the "extra" I bought (on the right) and the included one on the left. Note the right side corner. The small plastic retaining clip is also different to match the button.

View attachment 364752

Here's the SC release in the SC grip it came in. Note how it sits slightly recessed.

View attachment 364754

Here's the spare I bought in the FDE module from CDNN. Note how it sits a bit proud yet still flush with the disassembly notch.

View attachment 364756

Also note I have a Compact and XCompact grip module. Those sit flush and look the same as the spare.

Edited to add: Perhaps because these are SMALL grips. I wonder if the railed SC ones fit the same.
Thank you so much for the pictures, and thanks to those who have posted other pictures and information. It has been extrememly helpful. Yes my situation is exactly what happened to you with the FDE SC grip from CDNN. Sig CS emailed me today assuring me again that there has never been another size of magazine release or catch, so I responded with the pictures of different size catches and Ill post here if they can give me a good answer or an option to buy just the small mag release.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had honestly never thought of that so I pulled a couple of mine and checked just now. Compact is just a bit longer than the SC. Even triple checked by pulling the mag release out of my compact small and it was the same length as the compact medium. There must be a specific part number for the SC mag release. Pic for proof, top compact bottom SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much! This is a huge help and this picture has been forwarded to the Sig CS department to help them understand my question. Hopefully I get a better response then I did on the phone of "the picture you saw must be fake."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Per an earlier response I looked at the subcompact .45 grip that CDNN was selling and picked one up. I swapped the mag release out of that into my 9mm subcompact and it fits just perfect. Problem solved! Thanks for the help everyone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts