SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from eastern Idaho. I have been shooting pistols since the beginning of February 2017. I have shot single-shot 22L rifles in Boy Scouts as a kid, 20 & 12 gauge shotguns here and there in my teens and as a young adult. I have never been a "gun guy" and never wanted to own one until recently. After having a conversation with my boss at work, I started looking into training and at pistols. I went to the local indoor gun range and rented a Glock 17 (gen 3) & an S&W M&P 9mm (gen 1). I shot 50 rounds and was hooked.

Over the next couple of weeks, I returned and shot the P320 & a Springfield Armory XD9, as well as the Glock and the M&P again. I fell in love with the P320 and shot over 500 rounds through it. With the exception of it needed a thorough cleaning, it shot flawlessly. Of the four rental guns I shot, I thought the P320 had the best trigger and the best feel in my hand. Granted, I am new to shooting and those were my only experience. I decided to purchase a new P320 RX, but the gun store owner was having trouble obtaining one. So, he has one backordered for me. I resigned myself to rent the P320 for training classes and target shooting until they could get it for me.

After attending a demo day for the new Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0, I could not pass up the deal they were offering, so I purchased my first ever gun, an S&W M&P 2.0 9mm (FDE with the 5" barrel and the thumb safety). I have shot over 2000 rounds through it since purchasing it on 2-24-17.

Since then, I have taken the 8-hour Defensive Handgun 1 course, the 8-hour Didactic Handgun course, (both required for Idaho Enhanced Concealed Carry Permit), and the 4-hour Lowlight / Flashlight Handgun course. I just joined the NRA as a life member.

I look forward to purchasing the P320 RX as soon as the LGS owner can get me one. In the meantime, I am having fun practicing what I have learned in my training and trying to put at least 250 rounds through it each week. I shot 294 rounds through it this morning. :cool:

I doubt I will ever conceal carry a pistol but wanted to get the training and obtain the permit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,639 Posts
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska. Great to hear you joined the NRA too !!! Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. You will love the 320 rx when you get it. It's a dandy and a great shooter. The Romeo 1 optics is a great shooting aid.. at least for me. Good for you for taking some training and getting your cc permit. I can't imagine not carrying after you have all of the i's dotted and the t's crossed. The comfort of knowing you and your family are protected is a good feeling. In any event, have fun shooting and I hope your LGS comes through for you soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to SigTalk. You will love the 320 rx when you get it. It's a dandy and a great shooter. The Romeo 1 optics is a great shooting aid.. at least for me. Good for you for taking some training and getting your cc permit. I can't imagine not carrying after you have all of the i's dotted and the t's crossed. The comfort of knowing you and your family are protected is a good feeling. In any event, have fun shooting and I hope your LGS comes through for you soon.
Thanks for the kind words! I'm sure my LGS will be able to fulfill my order soon. I've been reading more and more about the P320c RX and am considering that as well. I have bigger hands and will need to shoot a smaller frame P320 to see if it is something I will want to pursue. If I were to obtain the P320c RX, I may look into more CCW training and potentially look at carrying, eventually... maybe, but prolly not... I just do not know...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greetings and Welcome from Alaska. Great to hear you joined the NRA too !!! Welcome aboard.
Thank you for your service and thanks for the welcome! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to SIGTalk from Europe.

Shoot safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.