2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so why?

Not being flip, just trying to convince myself of getting a Compact RX or not

Curious on reasons why or why not

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have a full size 320RX and came very close to getting the compact. Waffled about having 2 models of the same thing and got a Glock 19 MOS instead to have something different.

Will probably end up with a 320RX compact down the road. The full size is such a nice shooting gun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just ordered a Compact through Sig Pro Shop today. They said I'm number two on the wait list, and they didn't think it would be too terribly long before they get another batch. With a 25% military discount I couldn't resist.

Why did I do it? Because I am so impressed with my 320RX Full that I wanted the RX Compact. I already have a 320F, 320C, 320SC, and the 320RX Full, so I felt like I might as well go for five to round out the collection with the 320RX Compact. I know that I could have put the RX Full slide on the my existing compact frame, but I just want the actual RX Compact.

And all this from a Glock guy (10 Glocks).

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have an RX Full, Compact (with safety) and Subcompact.

I'm going to get a Compact RX as soon as I can find one. The Full RX is wonderful and one of my favorite range guns.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not yet but i want one! Im with @BrowningsGhost in the wasteland that is Massachusetts so I will have to get creative to get one in here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep, I couldn't resist. I started with a P320RX Full last fall. Love it. Later, I picked up a standard Carry. After that, I bought Full (iron sights), Compact and Subcompact X-Change kits, so I've played with all of them. I have settled on the compact as my favorite, just fits and shoots for me the best. So I knew I had to get my hands on a CompactRX. Finally landed one about a month ago. Now, when I go to the range, I take a compact grip, an FCU with GrayGun flat trigger, the RX slide, the standard slide with X-Ray 3 sights, and 200 rounds. Great time!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I started with a full size RX. Absolutely love shooting it. I loved it so much, I bought a compact with iron sights. I wanted to carry the striker fired but didn't like carrying the RX. The compact is a perfect size carry for me and I can put the full size RX slide on it if I have a desire for the optics experience. I have desires to buy some exchange kits when and if they come back down in price. If not, I'll likely buy a compact in 40 at some point.
Love the 320.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Full disclosure

I started into the Sig world with a P320 Compact. I loved it. I was delighted to own a pistol from such a legendary manufacturer, and worked hard to get proficient in hitting what I aimed at. However, my eyes are 55 years old and I could see the handwriting on the wall.

I had seen the introduction of the RX and wanted one badly. The availability of them in the market kept getting delayed and so when I finally found one available in the Full Size at a time when I had the money to buy it, I didn't hesitate to get it.

I was not disappointed. I quickly learned to shoot it as well if not better than my compact since it seemed to be a smoother gun to shoot. I then began to notice how much faster target acquisition was for me with the red dot and how much more consistent I became with my groupings being more and more concentrated.

I was pleasantly surprised after finding an appendix holster for it that I was able to make it my EDC. That's right... a Full Sized 9mm with Reflex Sight and Surefire Weapon light is fully concealable as my every day carry and no one is the wiser.

I realize others may not feel the same way about a double stack, or a full sized pistol, but for me... this works just fine for me, thank you!

·
Registered
763 Posts
I am thinking about it, and then putting a subcompact grip module (already have the module and mag) and use for EDC. I am thinking the width will be prohibitive for me for EDC, so still on the fence. If I were in a cooler climate where I wore outer clothes for more than a few days, I definitely would. Shorts and a polo make smaller better for EDC...for me anyway.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I started into the Sig world with a P320 Compact. I loved it. I was delighted to own a pistol from such a legendary manufacturer, and worked hard to get proficient in hitting what I aimed at. However, my eyes are 55 years old and I could see the handwriting on the wall.

I had seen the introduction of the RX and wanted one badly. The availability of them in the market kept getting delayed and so when I finally found one available in the Full Size at a time when I had the money to buy it, I didn't hesitate to get it.

I was not disappointed. I quickly learned to shoot it as well if not better than my compact since it seemed to be a smoother gun to shoot. I then began to notice how much faster target acquisition was for me with the red dot and how much more consistent I became with my groupings being more and more concentrated.

I was pleasantly surprised after finding an appendix holster for it that I was able to make it my EDC. That's right... a Full Sized 9mm with Reflex Sight and Surefire Weapon light is fully concealable as my every day carry and no one is the wiser.

I realize others may not feel the same way about a double stack, or a full sized pistol, but for me... this works just fine for me, thank you!
I'm envious, I wish I could make that work. I can't even make appendix work on a small gun, Just the way I'm built, gut drops right over belt line and the gun has to sit right where my torso and thighs bend to sit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I plan on doing the reverse. I have both a P320 C and full size non RX models. I enjoy shooting both but I like the balance of the compact a bit more and seem to shoot better with it.

I bought a compact RX a few weeks ago and am on the lookout for a full RX. I often have shooting parties at my private range and would like to have at least 2 guns with red dot optics. A full size conversion kit would also be an option but I don't think we will see those for quite some time.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I currently own a full size RX and a 320c (non RX). I would be interested in buying a P320RX compact but have just spent $$ on a P226 Legion and a P226RX SAO Elite. Need to pay that off before I spend some more. Love both RXs and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Back in 2015 I bought the P320F 9mm, then I got the 9mm Compact exchange kit and EDC the Compact IWB or the Full size if I was OWB.

Last year I bought the P320F 9mm RX. Love the way the full size shoots. I thought about getting an Exchange kit for the 9mm Compact RX if / when Sig released it, but got impatient and grabbed a P320C RX right before the price gouging started.

Currently, I have the P320F RX pimped out for home defense / nightstand with the 21 rd. mags and a surefire X300U and I've just started to EDC the P320C RX. I have about 500 rounds through each of them with not one single glitch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts