SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I finally found a Compact RX. I then sent slide to get cerakoted. Once I got slide back I looked through manual for torque spec for RX screws. The manual somewhat hints around 30 inch pounds. I then contacted Sig Customer Service and they verified it was indeed 30 inch pounds. I used the spec and the dag on screws stripped. I contacted Sig again and the CS rep would not tell me any info on where to purchase screws or what size they are. I'm reaching out to you guys to see if anyone knows where I can find them and what size? I have been stuck unable to use my gun for 3 weeks now. FYI 30 inch pounds seemed too high being that my Trijicon RMR is only 10 inch pounds, so the CS rep led me wrong anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that. The CS rep looked up my account and said "Oh, Chris was helping you, I will transfer you to him". Phone went to VM. Called back and the next rep said we don't have that kind of information I will have to email the armorer. No response yet and that was 3 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
Man that's a bummer. Scope rings normally recommend 15–18 in/lbs. I would think somewhere there abouts would be right. I would have followed the cs info though. I'd be in the same boat as you. Sorry. Perhaps if you call like it's your first call you might get the correct scoop from someone that knows something.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thank you all for responding, I will call them again this week.
Something you can do in the mean time (if the old screws aren't broken off in the holes,) take your slide down to your local hardware store and rummage through their screw section until you find one that threads in.
Even if you don't find ones that has the correct shape of head, at least you will know the diameter and pitch of the threads should you have to go hunt for them yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried today, they are apparently metric however not M3 or M4. I will call Sig tomorrow and try to speak with someone other that front line reps. I didnt have time to waste lunch break waiting in hold que. Thanks all for you thoughts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I tried today, they are apparently metric however not M3 or M4. I will call Sig tomorrow and try to speak with someone other that front line reps. I didnt have time to waste lunch break waiting in hold que. Thanks all for you thoughts.
Oh well, it was worth a shot. I'm curious to find out what size they end up being, hopefully they're not proprietary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Called today and first rep was very unhelpful. I asked to speak to supervisor (Kyle), then he transferred me to his voicemail. Called back and the second rep (Tim) provided great customer service in comparison to the first. He informed me that the screws are proprietary to Sig Optics and they don't have or able to give out dimensions. He also informed me that he would place order with the Optics group to send me a pair however, I shouldn't expect them for another 2 weeks or more at best. Apparently the CS reps are not in same state as Optics group. The Optics group will also have to confirm torque spec and relay back to me. More than likely it won't be 30 inch pounds which the CS reps told me that actually caused this whole issue. I just took the Romeo off until this is resolved.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
That is quite a bit more satisfactory. I hope they get the proprietary screws out to you in short order with a torque spec less than a stripping them out spec. Hey.. they are fun to shoot without the optics. I have one with and one without. The RX is a lot of fun though.
Post back when they have you taken care of. I'm betting it is less than a two week wait.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Called today and first rep was very unhelpful. I asked to speak to supervisor (Kyle), then he transferred me to his voicemail. Called back and the second rep (Tim) provided great customer service in comparison to the first. He informed me that the screws are proprietary to Sig Optics and they don't have or able to give out dimensions. He also informed me that he would place order with the Optics group to send me a pair however, I shouldn't expect them for another 2 weeks or more at best. Apparently the CS reps are not in same state as Optics group. The Optics group will also have to confirm torque spec and relay back to me. More than likely it won't be 30 inch pounds which the CS reps told me that actually caused this whole issue. I just took the Romeo off until this is resolved.
Well, that's disappointing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I imagine that would make it a lot harder to used some other brand of optic, which is a big thumbs down in my book.
I'm glad you got hold of someone that was able to help you, hopefully you'll be back up and running soon. And thanks for the update!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good info--hope the optics people come through for you. I think I saw a something somewhere about the optics group being in Oregon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sig Optics is at 19861 SW 95th Avenue, Portland, OR 97062 according to the Romeo manual. Don't know if they have a phone number you could call directly. Recently Sig replaced my non working Romeo. Seems they would have the extra new screws or the old screws lying around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.