SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, I asked for recommendations for an EDC conealeable holster for my P320 RX Compact.

(And Milt Sparks still doesn't make a leather holster for this pistol...:mad: )

A number of you generously gave advice, and almost uniformly that advice pointed toward Kydex holsters.

Did I mention that I really don't like Kydex?

Eventually, after a bunch of soul searching and resignation, I ordered a Vedder OWB Lightdraw. That is to say, one of these (forgive the Glock blasphemy, it's their photo, not mine):

Let's also stipulate that I was prepared to really not like this holster. After all, it felt cheap, it CLACKED when I holstered and unholstered, it was just plain ugly. I was not prepared to give it a fair shot.

And despite all of that, I came to the conclusion that this holster is fantastic. It's light. It's thinner than my beloved 55BN, it rides just a little higher and thus conceals better. It holds the pistol securely (and adjustably). It might even be faster on the draw.

It fits comfortably at the 4:00/4:30 position at which I like to carry.

It transitions unnoticeably from standing to sitting to walking to running to driving with no binding, pinching, or discomfort.

One handed reholstering is a snap (well, a CLACK, but you know what I mean).

It's still ugly...but in a loveable, form follows function kind of way.

See above about fantastic!

Happily clacking,

Bun Bun

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
LOL - Glad you & kydex's relationship is working out. Your P320 slide's finish is pretty though, so holster rash may not become an issue. Kydex can be a little finish unfriendly. Suggest an occasional light silicone spray & wipe down on your holster's inside to keep everyone happy.

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I just started kydex-ing, and this is crazy,
But my Vedder's clacking, so I'll silicone spray-ee!

(That was probably funnier to me than to anyone else.)

Is there a particular silicone product you recommend?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Ugly: In the end, Kydex is nothing more than molded thermoplastic, and no combination of color or patterning is really going to change that. Kydex holsters are a matter of form following function, and pretty is/was a far second to the functional concern. Aesthetics are an afterthought (as they should be), and it shows. That being said, this is a concealment holster that isn't going to be (at least shouldn't be) seen anyway.

Ugly, in this case, doesn't mean less desirable. FWIW, I occasionally marvel at how ugly the P320 is, but I wouldn't leave the house, ever, without it.

As far as photos...I think I was wearing the rig at the time I posted the original note. I'll snap something later and post.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's fascinating. Do you ever notice a change in accuracy or gun handling when moving between guns?

Everything I've been taught emphasizes sticking with the same platform. I'm really interested in your experience.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.