SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
My fist sig was a classic-ish SP-2022 in 40/357sig/9mm. I got it around 2006 love it and still do. It's an amazing pistol. It just runs no matter what or how often I don't clean it.

Fast forward ... I have a 320 and the SP2022 hasn't been used since. Both are amazing and I've had no real issues.

I started with a Compact 40sw, +357sig barrel and mags. Then added sub-compact, 9mm barrels and carry grip. Then added full size 357sig slide and to threaded barrel (9mm and 357sig).

Some people don't like the striker fired but I like it. It's. You can't go wrong with a 320.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
After 24 years of p226 dao duty weapon I bought my 1st p320 in early September. A full size .40. Then a subcompact. 40. Then a 9mm compact for me and one for my girlfriend who put her feminine touches on it. Then an x carry for which I purchased a vtac slide. Then an M17 commemorative. Waiting now on the X Five. Screw modularity we need all these. We love shooting these pistols and have thousands of rounds through them. Have had 2 malfunctions both operator induced. Mine was a bumped slide stop hers was a loose grip. I refuse to evaluate guns based on price. You get what you pay for. Its reliability durability and function we value. Yet the cost is relatively small for a world class defensive arm that you can stake your life on and have fun at the range. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
178 Posts
My fist sig was a classic-ish SP-2022 in 40/357sig/9mm. I got it around 2006 love it and still do. It's an amazing pistol. It just runs no matter what or how often I don't clean it.

Fast forward ... I have a 320 and the SP2022 hasn't been used since. Both are amazing and I've had no real issues.

I started with a Compact 40sw, +357sig barrel and mags. Then added sub-compact, 9mm barrels and carry grip. Then added full size 357sig slide and to threaded barrel (9mm and 357sig).

Some people don't like the striker fired but I like it. It's. You can't go wrong with a 320.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
I'm loving my P320 5X, but that is a range toy (trigger reduced to 2.5 lb). I just started a thread:
https://sigtalk.com/guns/330076-new-me-p320-5x.html

I personally prefer the SP2022 in 9mm to my P226, but I'm weird. With only 300 rounds through the 5X by me and a hundred by a friend, well, I probably am not representative due to the mods. My nightstand gun will remain the SP2022.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've acquired a few P320's: three 9mm compacts and a .40 compact with a .357 Sig barrel. I haven't had any issues with any of them. One of my 9mm's has almost 5,000 rounds with no issues and has become my carry gun. All of the others have at least 1,000 rounds each. Two of them went of for the upgrade and came back just as good as when I sent them.

I also have several P229'S. All of them are winners. For me, there is a difference in the way that an all steel pistol feels, versus a polymer. I has nothing to do with quality. In my opinion the P320's are right there with the classic Sigs.

Some will point out that the P320 series is only six years old and time will tell. Lots of shooters said that about Glocks when they first arrived. In the case of the Glocks (and M&P's) I think that time merely validated their reliability and I don't see any reason why the P320 won't end up the same way.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Own 3x P320’s and. P320 X-Carry. I think that says it all?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I went the other way; starting with a 9mm 320 c to which I added a carry grip, and then creating a Franken-Sig (rx c slide, x carry grip & m17 fcu). I bought the first 320 after attending several classes at the Sig school. I was impressed by the accuracy of the loaner guns that have to be about as unloved as can be. I’ve used both of the 320s in the last two classes I’ve taken and have been very impressed.

I recently added a Legion 229 9mm. The Legion and Franken-sig are very similar physically. I picked up the Legion this past Wednesday and was able to try it out with a box of 115 fmj white box. Just plain awesome results at 10 & 15 yards. I shot about 150 rounds today using the franken-sig, my Wilsonized Beretta & the Legion. In comparison the 320 is the most grip sensitive. I’m about 2000 rounds down the road with it, as well as roughly 16 hours of instruction to get it to the place where I feel I’m as accurate as I am with the Italian.

That said the only “upgrade” from stock parts is a Sig flat trigger. The Italian, beside making a pilgrimage to the Deep South for some massaging has had every little part and spring replaced with Wilson’s, basically the upgrades have cost twice the original price of the pistol. Worth every penny, but extras none the less.

Now about the Legion, straight out of the box it was as accurate as the others. I can’t imagine where it will be after I really get to know it. One thing for sure is that I have no plans to “upgrade” it.

Now is that the result of the Legion being inherently better, or is it just the combination of weight and sights (Romeo vs Wilson rear sight Beretta fixed front vs sig x-rays) create a better ergonomic profile for me? And given the physical resemblance between the two sigs has my experience with the learning curve with the 320s reduced the learning curve for the 229?

Hank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a P320, it is my least favorite SIG although that is only because striker fired pistols just aren't doing it for me anymore. The P250s are where it's at. Unfortunately, not enough people agree with me and so SIG has faded them into oblivion.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Lancer My EDC is a reliable 40sw p320c , I don't own or want or care about any P-22X anything do to carry weight . I do own 1 da/sa older extremely reliable S&W 669 and a nice tuned up 45acp lw commander that I will carry also . BUt we also have a fine apex upgraded m&p core with optics I could carry and some others . Reliability ?? Tell use what not reliable . I have bought several at gun ranges own sold do to there reliability issues with the handgun , great guns for me !!

Since you your here I'll answer here and say the p320 is as reliable as a defensive pistol should be .

Maybe you should just buy a glock as there as good as any production handgun can be give or takes the occasions issues every new series has !!

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lancer My EDC is a reliable 40sw p320c , I don't own or want or care about any P-22X anything do to carry weight . I do own 1 da/sa older extremely reliable S&W 669 and a nice tuned up 45acp lw commander that I will carry also . BUt we also have a fine apex upgraded m&p core with optics I could carry and some others . Reliability ?? Tell use what not reliable . I have bought several at gun ranges own sold do to there reliability issues with the handgun , great guns for me !!

Since you your here I'll answer here and say the p320 is as reliable as a defensive pistol should be .

Maybe you should just buy a glock as there as good as any production handgun can be give or takes the occasions issues every new series has !!
P320s replaced all my glocks, but I still own a p22x. Sheepdogged, the OP'er of the other thread, is the one who hates Sig striker fired despite not having owned any.

Reactions: JBnTx

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have 1 229, 4 226's, 2 226x5's, 1 224, 2 320x5's and 1 fullsize 320 all in 9mm. My 320x5 had a few fte's with 115 grain ammo early on. After about 200 rds that went away. I use it, and all my SIG's for uspsa. Those are the ONLY malfunctions I have ever had except for one or two bullets with bad primers, or no primer. 229 and 226's are 100% and my x5 has shot several thousand rounds in matches with 0 malfunctions of any kind. While SIG's QC may sometimes be spotty and they may churn out an occasional lemon, for me they are the most reliable pistols I own.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts