SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a p320 since 2017. I just bought an X compact a few days ago. First I had to sand 5 gen 1 mags to fit my X compact instead of buying more gen 2 mags for $50 a piece, or $9 for gen 2 base plates. I also wanted to put the P320 3.9 inch barrel into the X compact but now the barrels are cut differently and you also have a loaded chamber indicator on the X compact. Also you only have two choices , a sig romeo1 pro or a leupold dpp...... very frustrating. Sig Really knows how to get more money from you. I like both pistols very much but all my non modular pistols are becoming as modular as my Sigs.
Trigger Gesture Finger Grass Bumper
Trigger Gesture Finger Grass Bumper

·
Registered
62 Posts
There have been a few changes from the start, mostly ergonomics. Yes the First gen mags need modification to fit X-Grips, but easy work around. That being said, I feel you are missing the bigger picture. Depending on your FCU, you can run 3, or 4 different calibers from it. Also, you are able to run everything from a sub compact, to full size slide/grip combo of your liking. Though Sig may not have stock of non LCI slides now, there is a ton all over the place for sale. You can always sell the slide with the LCI, and replace it for one without. There are many threads of folks running different RDS, so maybe you will find what they needed to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
It kind of reminds me of the MHS trials. After SIG won, the Army's first batch of pistols ordered to be delivered were specifically locked so that the end user could not break the pistol down to remove the chasis and change the grips. So much for the M in MHS. Eventually this point was made enough that SIG/the US Army had the lock removed.

I like the Beretta APX modularity system by the way (that I think Steyr invented). In addition to removing the APX's grips, you can also change the backstraps. I think SIG should follow suit as that is a much better way of handling it. To think you have to buy another frame to make any adjustments is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

I admit, however, it was even worse for my P229. The original E2 grips on my Enhanced Elite were wayyyyyy too small for my hands (and I don't even think my hands are that big). I then spend $100+ on Hogue wood grips, but they were too big. I then had to order the polymer grips ($30), but they were too thin. Someone on here was nice enough to send me some fingerless overmolded grips, but they didn't fit right either. So I next tried some soft overmolded grips with the fingers (another $30), but they caught on my clothing. I finally spent another $100+ on the Hogue G10 grips which are just right. That's at least $260 I spent before I finally found the grips I needed, mostly because SIG and other companies are so focused on female shooters. That's fine, but do what Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson and many others did. Make the grips adjustable right out of the box. To think it's modular but—oh by the way—you have to go buy another frame for the chassis is ridiculous in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
There have been a few changes from the start, mostly ergonomics. Yes the First gen mags need modification to fit X-Grips, but easy work around. That being said, I feel you are missing the bigger picture. Depending on your FCU, you can run 3, or 4 different calibers from it. Also, you are able to run everything from a sub compact, to full size slide/grip combo of your liking. Though Sig may not have stock of non LCI slides now, there is a ton all over the place for sale. You can always sell the slide with the LCI, and replace it for one without. There are many threads of folks running different RDS, so maybe you will find what they needed to make it happen.
Hmmm, but to buy a complete upper to make it shoot another caliber is not all that unique. Moreover, when was the last time we could find those kits they sold us on for most of their pistols? I think GC70 nailed it when he said, "Welcome to the world of SIG modularity, where some things interchange ... today." They don't interchange when they stop making them either. I'd been waiting for a 9mm kit for my P229 for a long time. I ended up just buying a very expensive Bar Sto conversion barrel instead (with additional magazines). After you're done buying all that, you might has well have bought another gun. The only thing I really like about the removable chassis of the P320 is that you don't have to spend an arm and a leg sending the pistol to the manufacturer if it breaks or if you want to modify it without risk (e.g. stipple it). So for example, I've seen many cracked or broken polymer or poorly modified frames (e.g. S&W M&P, Glock, Walther, HK, etc.), so to pay $50+ dollars (after tax and shipping) without having to pay an FFL fee sounds like a great idea, especially when you don't have to be without your pistol for weeks or months. Other than that, it's a way for SIG to questionably milk its customers. Honestly, I wish the Germans would take back control of SIG Sauer (and it no longer pains me to say that). The last design SIG got right in my biased opinion was a German design (the P228/P229). Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of SIG striker-fired pistols. I'm sure that will change.

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
386 Posts
I should’ve worn my rubber boots coming downstairs this morning with all the tinkle and tears on the floor in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
424 Posts
IDK, when I wanted to try RDS on a pistol I went to the PRO shop and bought a slide cut for RDS w/NS for $239.00. When i wanted to try a my carry as a compact and even subcompact, I bought a grip mod and magazine (the compact/carry slide works well on the SC grip). So, now for short money I have several variations whereas my Glocks, can't buy OEM slides cut for RDS or anything else.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Welcome to the world of beta-testers 😂. You test products but instead of getting paid to do it, you’re the one paying for it 😝.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I have the parts to make my 320 into a subcompact, an Xcompact, a compact, a compact RX, and a full-size. Some options with a coyote grip module. Soon I’ll add a carry grip module. All with 1 ffl transfer.

I will admit, I bought into the modularity hype before we found out .45acp was not included. I have no desire for .40sw. So a bit disappointed it fell short but other wise a happy 320 owner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It kind of reminds me of the MHS trials. After SIG won, the Army's first batch of pistols ordered to be delivered were specifically locked so that the end user could not break the pistol down to remove the chasis and change the grips. So much for the M in MHS. Eventually this point was made enough that SIG/the US Army had the lock removed.

I like the Beretta APX modularity system by the way (that I think Steyr invented). In addition to removing the APX's grips, you can also change the backstraps. I think SIG should follow suit as that is a much better way of handling it. To think you have to buy another frame to make any adjustments is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

I admit, however, it was even worse for my P229. The original E2 grips on my Enhanced Elite were wayyyyyy too small for my hands (and I don't even think my hands are that big). I then spend $100+ on Hogue wood grips, but they were too big. I then had to order the polymer grips ($30), but they were too thin. Someone on here was nice enough to send me some fingerless overmolded grips, but they didn't fit right either. So I next tried some soft overmolded grips with the fingers (another $30), but they caught on my clothing. I finally spent another $100+ on the Hogue G10 grips which are just right. That's at least $260 I spent before I finally found the grips I needed, mostly because SIG and other companies are so focused on female shooters. That's fine, but do what Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson and many others did. Make the grips adjustable right out of the box. To think it's modular but—oh by the way—you have to go buy another frame for the chassis is ridiculous in my opinion.
I think the “M” stands for more money, not modular

·
Registered
31 Posts
...I also wanted to put the P320 3.9 inch barrel into the X compact but now the barrels are cut differently and you also have a loaded chamber indicator on the X compact.
The 3.9" barrel won't work with your X Compact slide anyway, it's too long. You need to use the 3.9" barrel with the slide it came with and it will fit just fine on a X Compact grip. Problem solved.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My P250 shoots 22, 9, 40, 357 SIG, and 45, all with the same trigger pull. And now, thanks to Amend2, I can have a grip that takes P365 magazines so my pistol disappears on my waist. Not too bad for a discontinued pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Welcome to the world of beta-testers 😂. You test products but instead of getting paid to do it, you’re the one paying for it 😝.
No problem. They will just go years and never make any running improvements of the product line.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The system may be "imperfect" but what other one isn't as well? I get your displeasure, but from my fox hole the modularity is there in spades. You can have one FCU and make several different pistols without having to back to your FFL and buy another handgun. There is a ton of aftermarket support for the 320 platform with numerous companies making slides, barrels, etc. If your anything like me and like to mess with stippling, purchasing a $50 or less grip module is way less painful than messing up a Glock or other polymer frame which is serialized and having to locate a replacement at a way higher price.

·
Registered
458 Posts
After SIG won, the Army's first batch of pistols ordered to be delivered were specifically locked so that the end user could not break the pistol down to remove the chasis and change the grips. So much for the M in MHS. Eventually this point was made enough that SIG/the US Army had the lock removed
Not for nothing... but if you've been in the military, you know why they tried to take that ability away from the end user (and left that ability to the armory)

That said... I would LOVE to find one of those takedown levers and the tool to go with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts