SIG Talk banner

P320 quirk

815 6
Hello all. Just came from the range with my new full size p320. Immediately this became my new favorite handgun. Awesome accuracy (much better than I will ever shoot). Great trigger and reset. Recoil is amazing. A lot of guns I have to death grip to not limp wrist it. Not this gun. Nice firm hold and gun shoots perfect. Now this is my OCD wondering what this is and I doubt I will even be able to explain it correctly. Not every shot, but on some shots after I pull the trigger and when I still have the trigger pulled back I feel what sounds like a click internally. At first I thought it was the gun not going fully back into battery, but I didn't have 1 failure out of the first 150. 100%!!!! Then I thought it might have been the striker/trigger resetting somehow. Does anyone have any clue what I mean here? I wish I could explain it better. It happens a fraction of a second after firing and after recoil is done. Awesome awesome gun.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Most likely the sear resetting after the striker releases. You may notice it if you do some dry firing of the gun. You sometimes hear 2 distinct clicks. It happens on some FCUs, in fact my P320SCR has it and its never failed me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might be a dumb question as I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to internal workings, but can the sear reset with the trigger still held fully back? Another thing I was thinking is maybe the recoil is making me bounce of the rear travel of the trigger and resetting it a little bit and that is the click i am feeling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the more and more i think about it i think it is the sear popping back up. it's almost as there is a delay in the or an intermittent sticking of the sear resetting. As I mentioned in the OP I did not have one malfunction in first 150 rounds so i don't think it's a concern. just something you notice when your shooting it. I think it may have something to do with the million and a half posts about the double click but I am just "feeling" it in a different way. Yes I know just go shoot the damn thing and have fun...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.