SIG Talk banner

P320 Questions

1061 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  GCBHM
Im thinking of buying a P320 due to the fact it is modular, where I live theguns are highly regulated and having a P320 would be kinda handy... I already have a semi auto so was thinking a revolver to mix things up, but a P320 would be interesting... I had some questions and was hoping you guys could help me answer them.

I want one that I can mount a red dot on, if I buy the normal model, can I later buy the slide that gives me the red dot optic option?

And what is the smallest size that allows me to mount a red dot on it?

Lastly, how big is the recoil of the .40 on a sbcompact P320?

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts
The recoil is manageable, there isn't much of a difference in the recoil in the medium 3.9 barrel carry and the sub compact. Of course this is just my opinion....

· Banned
5,101 Posts
I want one that I can mount a red dot on, if I buy the normal model, can I later buy the slide that gives me the red dot optic option?
You can, but why wouldn't you just buy one fitted for it to begin with?

And what is the smallest size that allows me to mount a red dot on it?
I'm pretty sure the compact and full-size come fitted with mounts, but not sure about the carry model.

Lastly, how big is the recoil of the .40 on a sbcompact P320?
Manageable, I'm sure, but the best thing to do, if you can, is get to a range that rents them and see for yourself. I've shot both the full and compact size in 9mm, both of which were extremely smooth, but subcompacts usually offer significantly more felt recoil, especially in the .40 arena.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.