SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold off a few guns to cut down on things I either didn't shoot often or hated to shoot. The Sig P320 has been calling to me since it came out but lately it's harder to put it out of my mind. Damm Signess.

My confusion on the models lies with the Carry vs Compact. I was leaning towards the carry but I've only seen the compact for sale. Is the carry just a different grip module using the same slide as compact?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I recently sold off a few guns to cut down on things I either didn't shoot often or hated to shoot. The Sig P320 has been calling to me since it came out but lately it's harder to put it out of my mind. Damm Signess.

My confusion on the models lies with the Carry vs Compact. I was leaning towards the carry but I've only seen the compact for sale. Is the carry just a different grip module using the same slide as compact?
The Carry is a Compact slide on a modified Fullsize grip module. The grip is the same as the Full but has been cut down to the size of the Compact slide.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The Carry is a Compact slide on a modified Fullsize grip module. The grip is the same as the Full but has been cut down to the size of the Compact slide.
Not exactly.The grip and slide lengths are all different, as are the magazines.

Compact is a hold over term from the mid-sized P250. The P320 model names are Full Size, Carry, and Sub-Compact.

Full Size =4.7" barrel, 17 rounds
Carry = 3.9" barrel, 15 rounds
Sub Compact = 3.5" barrel, 12 rounds

The Carry is about the same size as my Glock 19.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Not exactly.The grip and slide lengths are all different, as are the magazines.

Compact is a hold over term from the mid-sized P250. The P320 model names are Full Size, Carry, and Sub-Compact.

Full Size =4.7" barrel, 17 rounds
Carry = 3.9" barrel, 15 rounds
Sub Compact = 3.5" barrel, 12 rounds

The Carry is about the same size as my Glock 19.
Actually incorrect sir. I just talked to sig CS last week on the matter. There are the following 4 sizes for the P320:
Full Size 17rds 4.7inbbl
Carry 17rds 3.9inbbl
Compact 15rds 3.9inbbl
Subcompact 12rds 3.5inbbl.

Carry is the compact slide on a modified full size frame. I think that is stupid because the same thing can be achieved with a compact and a full size mag +x-grip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually incorrect sir. I just talked to sig CS last week on the matter. There are the following 4 sizes for the P320:
Full Size 17rds 4.7inbbl
Carry 17rds 3.9inbbl
Compact 15rds 3.9inbbl

Carry is the compact slide on a modified full size frame. I think that is stupid because the same thing can be achieved with a compact and a full size mag +x-grip.
Jeez, when did they change the lineup again? I just bought x-grips for my 17 rounders, but would much rather have the taller frame.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Sig's P320 page at SIG SAUER, does list the 4 models.

I bought the "Carry" last year. It's now the Compact (15 rounds max). The new Carry take 17 rounds.

My understanding is that the difference is mainly in the grip module, and therefore the ability to take 17 rounds. I understand the Compact will take the 17s but will protrude from the grip.

The 17s w/xgrips can be found here:

Sig Sauer P250/P320 9mm 17rd Magazine w/ X-Grip

In CA we're limited to 10 rounds anyway so this is irrelevant.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Jeez, when did they change the lineup again? I just bought x-grips for my 17 rounders, but would much rather have the taller frame.
I couldn't tell you. I was confused too. I accidentally ordered a carry for a guy because I was still under the understanding that there were still only 3 sizes. Hence me calling Sig CS for the explanation.

It had to be sometime between June and now. In june my GFs was listed as a carry with the compact frame. Now there are 2 different sizes.

·
Banned
320 Posts
And, to add even more confusion to the mix, SIG has three different GRIP widths available for each of the four models, large, medium & small. I desperately want a P320c grip module in the small version but they have not been released yet. :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
From what I've read and seen.. The compact is a smaller slide with a full grip. The carry has a smaller slide and grip. I'm not really sure how the frame difference work.

So if I have a carry that came with a medium grip what's the small grip? Is it like a subcompact grip which makes it shorter then the medium or is it just thinner?

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
yes...but......

Full Size 17rds 4.7inbbl
Carry 17rds 3.9inbbl
Compact 15rds 3.9inbbl

You are indeed completely correct. However, the x grip as is, tends not to stay put and finding an adhesive isn't easy. The shorter slide on modified grip is a bit neater (whatever sizes you choose).

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Honestly, I think Sig got those 2 backwards. The shorter grip would be more easily concealed and therefore should be the Carry model (as it was last year). Sig could have then introduced the Compact (full grip with shorter slide) without the confusion.

FYI, I use XGrips on my M&P Compact with fs mags without issue.

·
Registered
538 Posts
From what I've read and seen.. The compact is a smaller slide with a full grip. The carry has a smaller slide and grip. I'm not really sure how the frame difference work.

So if I have a carry that came with a medium grip what's the small grip? Is it like a subcompact grip which makes it shorter then the medium or is it just thinner?
From what I have noticed s,m,l are mainly differences in the palm swell kind of like the back straps on glocks, fn, m&p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Full Size 17rds 4.7inbbl
Carry 17rds 3.9inbbl
Compact 15rds 3.9inbbl

Actually the compact is 15 rds with a 3.86" bbl not 3.9 like the carry. Which is I know a very small amount never the less that is the difference.
I know this only because I just bought what they refer to as a compact medium and it has the 3.86 bbl. OH I almost forgot the grip is 2/10th's shorter than the carry model grip. Which again is really nothing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This will be a point of confusion forever.

Just know that if you want a "Carry" or a "Compact" you should probably specify the barrel length and round-capacity that you expect.

If you live in one of those ten-round states then God help you anyway.

·
Banned
320 Posts
Actually the compact is 15 rds with a 3.86" bbl not 3.9 like the carry. Which is I know a very small amount never the less that is the difference.
I know this only because I just bought what they refer to as a compact medium and it has the 3.86 bbl. OH I almost forgot the grip is 2/10th's shorter than the carry model grip. Which again is really nothing.

Take a look at the chart that was posted: they're both 99mm/3.9".

·
Registered
115 Posts
Take a look at the chart that was posted: they're both 99mm/3.9".
Take a look in a owners manual under compact
Compact specs
L. 7.20
H. 5.29
W. 1.38
bbl 3.86

Carry specs
L.7.20
H. 5.51
W. 1.4
bbl 3.9
Subcompact