SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On P320 pistols with manual safeties, does the safety lever get into the way of getting to the slide release?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only one range trip with my M17 so far and I had no issues with it. I don't think it would be a problem unless the shooter was one who likes to ride the safety during firing.

Either with the safety up or down I found the release/stop easy to reach and manipulate.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing about the safety is that the slide can be pulled to the rear without disengaging the safety.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I've no problems with interference on my M17 in two range trips.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who replied!

·
Registered
338 Posts
On P320 pistols with manual safeties, does the safety lever get into the way of getting to the slide release?

I have a manual safety compact and purchased a m17 grip module. I have never had an issue with the thumb safety interfering with the slide release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Things I have noticed with my M17:

1 - If the safety is on and I sweep the slide-lock down to close the slide, the safety gets disengaged as well. - I don't normally use the slide-lock to release, I slingshot, and I never use the safety, so this doesn't bother me.

2 - I have to change my grip to manually activate the slide lock. (To lock back the slide) This is basically true on every pistol I own, so no big deal.

3 - Currently the slide locks back on empty about 75% of the time even though my thumb sits on the safety lever and the slide lock lever while shooting. This is actually more than it locks back on almost every pistol I use, and I suspect it is because the springs in the magazines are crazy strong and the follower is pushing up the slidestop despite my thumb touching it. I've come to accept that my grip is going to cause to slide to fail to lock back, and I'm OK with that since I slingshot every reload anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts