SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a pretty thorough cleaning on my P320. I removed the FCU, the striker assembly and extractor, Cleaned and lubed and reassembled, Now the trigger doesn't release the striker unless I ride the reset. When I use a full length trigger pull I feel the click, but no striker. If I release to the reset, and pull it works perfectly, reset the slide, and ride the reset, good every time....let the trigger out fully and pull just the click no striker. Sometimes with the full pull it will release the striker, but most times just the click. At the reset, every time it works fine...

I must have moved something but can't see what it might be..any guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take the slide back off. Put the slide back on and make sure you use the slide stop lever to hold the slide back while you push the take down lever back up.

Some of my coworkers were holding the slide back with their hand and not using the slide stop while they pushed the take down lever back up upon reassembly and it was causing a dead trigger.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the slide back off. Put the slide back on and make sure you use the slide stop lever to hold the slide back while you push the take down lever back up.

Some of my coworkers were holding the slide back with their hand and not using the slide stop while they pushed the take down lever back up upon reassembly and it was causing a dead trigger.
I have had this happen one time...

Check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXcrADPYy0
Thanks for the input, but that's not the problem. If that were the problem the trigger would be dead all the time. The trigger works fine if I let it out to reset and then pull again...I can then cycle the slide and if I let out to reset only works again every time. It only fails to release the striker when I let the trigger travel all the way then I get the click and no striker.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a local gunsmith take a look. The GGI trigger bar spring is just a tad too light and sometimes doesn't pull the sear down.

I will swap back to the stock spring, and I have ordered the Apex and I will see which has the better pull.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The spring does not pull the stricker down the action of the slide does .
I may have gotten the terms wrong...I'm no gunsmith.

Sounds like you know what it does do that would cause the problem...maybe you could enlighten us/me?

Edit:I just realized, I didn't say striker I said sear. The spring doesn't pull the sear down either, but I believe the trigger bar (which the spring is connected to) in the sear housing makes the process happen. Maybe I should have said; the GGI spring being lighter, causes the sear manipulation to fail to drop low enough to release the striker?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This guy had the same problem I have...he either didn't notice the riding the rest that I did, or his is slightly different but it's the same problem.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be a good deformed triggerbar spring. It's easy to do when reassembling
this seems likely...I had no trouble after installing the trigger, it wasn't until after cleaning. And the guy in the video above is a little rough with his guns, wouldn't surprise me if he had deformed it. No offense to the guy, just an observation :)

Reactions: Mills

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I swapped the stock trigger bar spring back into it and all is perfect now.

I checked pull weight before and after and just over 4 lbs either way.

I had always thought the GGI spring helped lower the trigger pull, but on the GGI site it says it doesn't change the pull weight, it just helps with the double click.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.