SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, purchased for my wife a P320 Subcompact. I decided, that for me, I would like to have a .357 Full Size, so I bought the X-Change kit. In the process of shooting at the range, I kind of fell in-love with the little bugger. I have ginormous hands, so my favorite is my P226 Tacops. Well, I thought that I could be slick and get myself a Compact grip, and a magazine, and I would be off. Well, it appears that the Compact uses a different slide and barrel than the Sub-compact, as well as a different slide and barrel than the Full-size. IS this true? Is there anywhere to get a slide and barrel without the entire Exchange kit?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Forgot this . Nothing say's you can take a big ole full size grip and cut off the end of the frame so it fits the sub compact slide length so those big ole hands are happy but you can carry a smaller slide .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Okay, I see Full-size, Carry, and Sub-Compact.

It appears that my grip says Compact Large.
Actually, there currently are 4 different versions of the P320: Sub-Compact, Compact, Carry, and Full-Size. The Carry has a Full size grip cut down to fit the compact slide.

To add to the confusion the current Compact was at one time called Carry.

The Osage County link posted above goes a long way in clearing up the differences.

I started looking for a P320 Compact about the time they made the change and dealers were just as confused as I was.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay... So what I want is a 9mm Compact Exchange kit. CALX-320C-9-BSS

Let me know if anyone has one that wants to sell one!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Okay... So what I want is a 9mm Compact Exchange kit. CALX-320C-9-BSS
Actually I'm kind of confused what you want. If I understand you correctly, you currently have a 9mm subcompact slide/barrel, 357 full size slide/barrel, subcompact grip, and compact grip. Yes? What is the goal again?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts