SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P320 gun shop trade

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Heathen 
#1 ·
Hi folks. Admittedly this is a leading post. I brought my P320RX w/Grayguns PELT - Curved, Grayguns black guide rod with a hair less than 1000round's through it to a local gun shop. They're willing to give me $500 for it, toward a full size steel frame Jericho 9mm. I'd still have to pay $125 for the Jericho. What do y'all think?

#2 ·
Think about it this way.

If you sell it to a gun shop, they have to room to sell it at a profit. They will sell that gun for near $700 and make $200. Heck if I was the owner I would just keep it for myself.

Are you good with loosing $200?

I would look for a sell on here. Those guns are very hard to come by. There is no reason you should be able to get $7-800 right now.

Do you really think its only worth $500?????? If so I'll take, but you have to cover shipping to my FFL :D

#7 ·
I'd say sell it here in the Classifieds for what it's actually worth, and then use a portion of the proceeds to pay for the Jericho.

#9 ·
I'm going to go against the grain here I know, but actually that isn't a bad offer from your LGS....IF you had to sell it at the LGS. Yes the LGS will sell it for a profit...that's how they make a living, pay their overhead, feed their kids.

On that gun, the LGS will probably get a good price fairly quickly...but betting your livelyhood on such things will put you out of business fast. It's a gun to them, inventory to be marked up to make a profit.

I bought my P320 RX for $769, and I am sure the LGS made a decent profit...I would think he paid SIG ~$625 for it brand new and unmolested. $500 for a used, modified gun doesn't seem like he's treating you too bad.

I mention all of the above only to say the LGS isn't trying to rip you off...IMO.

All that said, I would sell it myself, and get closer to what the LGS would sell it for (~$700)...but you might have to sit on the inventory, while you are waiting for it to sell....that's the trade off.

#10 ·
Hi folks.

I appreciate your helpful posts, folks. It helps reinforce what a person already knows and allows a little "cooling off" time. Yeah, I'll try to sell the gun here or on GunBroker. I've got a P226 Legion 9mm I'm gonna put up too. Just gotta get to my legal minimum 25 posts first... Hmmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.