SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Admittedly this is a leading post. I brought my P320RX w/Grayguns PELT - Curved, Grayguns black guide rod with a hair less than 1000round's through it to a local gun shop. They're willing to give me $500 for it, toward a full size steel frame Jericho 9mm. I'd still have to pay $125 for the Jericho. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Think about it this way.

If you sell it to a gun shop, they have to room to sell it at a profit. They will sell that gun for near $700 and make $200. Heck if I was the owner I would just keep it for myself.

Are you good with loosing $200?

I would look for a sell on here. Those guns are very hard to come by. There is no reason you should be able to get $7-800 right now.

Do you really think its only worth $500?????? If so I'll take, but you have to cover shipping to my FFL :D

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I'd say sell it here in the Classifieds for what it's actually worth, and then use a portion of the proceeds to pay for the Jericho.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain here I know, but actually that isn't a bad offer from your LGS....IF you had to sell it at the LGS. Yes the LGS will sell it for a profit...that's how they make a living, pay their overhead, feed their kids.

On that gun, the LGS will probably get a good price fairly quickly...but betting your livelyhood on such things will put you out of business fast. It's a gun to them, inventory to be marked up to make a profit.

I bought my P320 RX for $769, and I am sure the LGS made a decent profit...I would think he paid SIG ~$625 for it brand new and unmolested. $500 for a used, modified gun doesn't seem like he's treating you too bad.

I mention all of the above only to say the LGS isn't trying to rip you off...IMO.

All that said, I would sell it myself, and get closer to what the LGS would sell it for (~$700)...but you might have to sit on the inventory, while you are waiting for it to sell....that's the trade off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi folks.

I appreciate your helpful posts, folks. It helps reinforce what a person already knows and allows a little "cooling off" time. Yeah, I'll try to sell the gun here or on GunBroker. I've got a P226 Legion 9mm I'm gonna put up too. Just gotta get to my legal minimum 25 posts first... Hmmm.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
What did you go to the place from pawn stars?

No deal!

I repeat.

NO DEAL!!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts