SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First....my P320RX shoots fantastic. I wanted to try a large grip module. Received it changed everything and it feels really good. But I haven't shot it. My question is for those who changed their grip module did your poi change and require you to sight it in again, or stay the same? Just wondering, wont get a chance to shoot it till tomorrow.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As long as the sight is still connected to the same slide it should still be the same. The grip has nothing to do with the sightlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually that's a pretty good question and one that can only be answered by putting rounds down range. I can tell you that in my case a change in module size had a significant affect on my poi. I have a 320 compact with the supplied medium module. After settling in with the pistol and getting the correct front sight I could consistently get 4" groups at 25 yards and those hits were exactly where my front sight rested. I ran across a small carry module in a local shop. That thing felt so good in my hands so without hesitation I bought it and as soon as I got home I switched everything and went out back to my gun range to see what results my new found grip nirvana would expose. To my disappointment and even though the small grip module felt so good the target didn't reflect an improvement. My hits were all over that 8" steel plate. Consistent and predictable accuracy went out the window. So back to the medium grip module I went and have not looked back. Same thing happened when I switched out the Sig factory trigger for a flat trigger. It looked cool and felt good but consistent accuracy was gone. My finger was up and down the face of the flat trigger trying to find the "sweet spot". So again I went back to the factory trigger and have not looked back. In all things shooting related, no matter what caliber, platform or popular trendy gizmos we use the target is the ultimate tell as to what works and what doesn't.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Actually that's a pretty good question and one that can only be answered by putting rounds down range. I can tell you that in my case a change in module size had a significant affect on my poi. I have a 320 compact with the supplied medium module. After settling in with the pistol and getting the correct front sight I could consistently get 4" groups at 25 yards and those hits were exactly where my front sight rested. I ran across a small carry module in a local shop. That thing felt so good in my hands so without hesitation I bought it and as soon as I got home I switched everything and went out back to my gun range to see what results my new found grip nirvana would expose. To my disappointment and even though the small grip module felt so good the target didn't reflect an improvement. My hits were all over that 8" steel plate. Consistent and predictable accuracy went out the window. So back to the medium grip module I went and have not looked back. Same thing happened when I switched out the Sig factory trigger for a flat trigger. It looked cool and felt good but consistent accuracy was gone. My finger was up and down the face of the flat trigger trying to find the "sweet spot". So again I went back to the factory trigger and have not looked back. In all things shooting related, no matter what caliber, platform or popular trendy gizmos we use the target is the ultimate tell as to what works and what doesn't.

All this does is indicate that your mechanics of shooting were affected by your various changes, not that the grip actually did anything to the way the sights are aligned with the slide and barrel.

I repeat that your sights and the alignment of them with the barrel and slide are not affected by swapping out grips and should have 0 impact on the gun's actual accuracy. Any changes that happen as a result of a new trigger or grip are because you modified your mechanics from what you're used to when shooting and are not used to the new equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
As long as the sight is still connected to the same slide it should still be the same. The grip has nothing to do with the sightlines.
Changing grip modules has definitely affected the POI for several of my P320's.
I changed nothing but the color of the grip module.

I think it makes a difference.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Changing grip modules has definitely affected the POI for several of my P320's.
I changed nothing but the color of the grip module.

I think it makes a difference.
Let me get this straight. You believe that by changing out just your grip module that your point of impact will change in reference to your point of aim?

Could you provide some thoughts as to why you think that's the case? What do you believe to be happening to cause the shift?

Reactions: KZero

·
Registered
150 Posts
I noticed no sight line change when I switched to a large grip on my RX. In my case, no sight adjustments were necessary. I think the answer to your question depends on your grip style and how consistent you are using it. I did notice I was able to ease my grip pressure when using the large module though which enabled me to tighten up my groups a bit..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that as long as the sights remain on the slide, that wouldn't change. My thought was more about the fit of the fire control unit to the grip module. The fire control unit has the lugs that the slide runs on built into it. If the FCU fits the grip module different would it effect the slide throwing accuracy off.
Got a chance to shoot my P320 RX today and the POI was the same with the new grip module, so to answer my own question.....no it didn't change. Went from a medium, to a large grip module, gun shot the same, just felt a little different. Cant even say it felt better, just different. But its hard to make a comparison on shooting 50 rounds. Next time I take it to the range will see if I notice any difference in the way it feels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.