SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a CPO P320 compact with night sights on GB for $435 shipped, which I think is a pretty good deal. The pictures showed what I think was the Gen 2 with the newer slide release but I noticed after I bid that it was a stock photo. I received gun and it is the older version. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice piece. I'm just wondering if sig sales the Gen 1 frames or have they went all Gen 2. I noticed that the area around the slide release is a little different. I'd like to buy the SC frame also. Sorry my post is so long.

·
Registered
556 Posts
SIG does sell gen 1 modules but they don't list different parts numbers and there is no way to tell whether you'll get shipped a gen 1 or gen 2. You might have better luck calling other vendors directly to specify a gen 1.

However, if you dont mind the new gen 2 slide release, then just order from SIG. I believe they are still sending out the gen 2 slide release (free of charge) along the gen 2 modules. But check with them to confirm that. Its a really easy two minute install. Highly recommended. The gen 2 modules seem to have a better, smoother finish.

Also congrats on the new piece! - from up the road in STL

·
Registered
265 Posts
What caliber? If you bought a .45 ACP it only comes with a Generation 1 grip module and slide lock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts