SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or has seeing the new M17 as it is to be sent to the Army, with the carry frame, made an awkward looking gun look a lot better? I think it has totally transformed the way I saw the FS version, which I really did not like prior to seeing it in that configuration. It's actually a good looking gun!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm surprised that with over 3700 post to your credit you have never seen that configuration before. There are several threads here with the P320's in all kind of configurations. I have seen full size slides on subcompact frames. I wouldn't shoot it that way but it was posted just to show what it would look like.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think it looks good too. What I'd like to see a pic of is a full size barrel on a compact or carry frame.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I think it looks good too. What I'd like to see a pic of is a full size barrel on a compact or carry frame.
The M17 is a Full Size upper on a Carry frame.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm surprised that with over 3700 post to your credit you have never seen that configuration before. There are several threads here with the P320's in all kind of configurations. I have seen full size slides on subcompact frames.
I think you misread his post.

I am pretty sure he meant that he had seen it before in that configuration and didn't think it looked great. But seeing it again made him like it more.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think you misread his post.

I am pretty sure he meant that he had seen it before in that configuration and didn't think it looked great. But seeing it again made him like it more.
No I don't think I miss read it. He said " I think it has totally transformed the way I saw the FS version, which I really did not like prior to seeing it in that configuration." which clearly states that this is the first time he has seen a full size on a carry frame.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm surprised that with over 3700 post to your credit you have never seen that configuration before. There are several threads here with the P320's in all kind of configurations. I have seen full size slides on subcompact frames. I wouldn't shoot it that way but it was posted just to show what it would look like.
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at those threads as I'm really not that interested in the P320, as it were. I know the gun can be configured in a number of ways, but had never seen the full size with the carry frame until pics of the gun going to the Army surfaced recently.

·
Registered
556 Posts
No I don't think I miss read it. He said " I think it has totally transformed the way I saw the FS version, which I really did not like prior to seeing it in that configuration." which clearly states that this is the first time he has seen a full size on a carry frame.
I see. Guess I was the one who misread. No worries.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the M17 looks more like other traditional Sigs, like the P226, with the frame rails not running all the way to the muzzle. I really don't like that look (extended rails) on any gun, whether it's a 1911, CZ or the P320FS.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I prefer the look of the full-size grip length on the full-size slide. Without it, it looks more flimsy, also I'd be more concerned about damage (real or cosmetic) to the slide assembly if it was dropped on the nose without the polymer grip module to break the fall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.