SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question for you Sig fellas

I recently picked up a 320 compact and love everything about it but one thing..

When I draw from the holster my finger naturally wants to rest on the trigger due to the higher axis, while this leads to a good trigger pull Its not safe until I'm on target. anyone else notice this?

I've carried a glock over 10 years and I wonder if it's just me due to that. I've ordered a small frame from Sig in hopes of this changing the grip. Can't put this into the carry rotation until I sort this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
556 Posts
Question for you Sig fellas

I recently picked up a 320 compact and love everything about it but one thing..

When I draw from the holster my finger naturally wants to rest on the trigger due to the higher axis, while this leads to a good trigger pull Its not safe until I'm on target. anyone else notice this?

I've carried a glock over 10 years and I wonder if it's just me due to that. I've ordered a small frame from Sig in hopes of this changing the grip

Concerning. Please be careful. I've never had that problem, but then again I've carried a P250 for several years before I ever got my P320. However, even with my P250, I don't recall that ever being a problem.

Sounds to me like you are just grabbing the gun way too low on the grip.

But it does make me curious. What holster are you using?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always tend to grab high as possible on any gun. Certainly not holding low

I was using a tagua owb pancake however I returned it earlier, even without a holster simulating clearing rooms or ETC. (unloaded of course) my finger naturally wants to rest on the trigger as it's straight in line with my finger. Index on frame is unnaturally above finger placement

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yea, I see how it can happen. I just took a look and you are right. My finger rests at an upward angle. I guess its just become natural to me. At this point, having it at a flat angle feels awkward. I also just grabbed my glock and the angle is much less dramatic.

I think you are right - its just muscle memory. I would consider a kydex holster for added safety, while you get into the habit of the upward angle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've never had a natural urge for the trigger on a p320c, nor on my RX.

One of the early holsters i bought was a serpa cqc link here...

SERPA® CQC® Concealment Holster Matte Finish - BLACKHAWK!

While I wouldn't carry with it normally....you might use it as a training device. you can not pull the gun from the holster without hitting the button with your index finger...and it'll naturally place it in a safer position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a feeling I'd be in a minority, learned on a glock..all I ever trusted was a glock. Then the 320 came along....

Generally I always used kydex (big fan of raven concealment)..wanted to give leather a trail and see how I liked it.

I'll keep at it and see if I can get used to the angle, with any luck the small grip will assist

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dry practice, dry practice, dry practice!
Like others have mentioned, probably just muscle memory. I've carried SIGs before for CCW, so my draw is always predicated on curving the web of my hand up and under that beaver tail. My index finger always rides at a high angle above the trigger guard when the gun is being pulled. My advice would be to just dry practice that draw until its second nature before you carry the 320 as a CCW. Make sure you're 100% confident in your draw and finger position with it both in pulling from its holster and reholstering. :)
It's a great pistol and so is the Glock. Just might take a bit of time to get used to. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
My 320C is a week old and I have the Holster that came with it and a Kydex IWB that was delivered a few days ago and I have a few more on the way both Kydex IWB's

Two of the holsters that are coming for the 320 I have for the Glock so there's some familiarity.
The belt clip on 2 of the 320 Holsters are positioned along the slide so I use that as a guide as long as my finger is on the clip or above it my finger is always on the slide when I draw. Glock or Sig the holsters feel the same.
I'm going to use a Desantis Slim Tuk for the 320 I also have one for my Glock.
The belt clip on the Desantis is where the trigger is so it forces your finger to the slide unless you have it canted forward.
Having the same type of holster for the 320 and Glock helped me get a good draw feel for the new Sig.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i do love Tagua holsters! have one for just about every pistol i own, but if i'm out and about i use a hybrid kydex/leather. i carried a P250 daily for a long time also, it is now regaled to house gun with the TLR1s, laser, and follows me around as soon as i get home and put up my EDC rotation gun.

i have found that, and have done on all my guns, stipple an index point where the tip of your finger should go. it is not hard, draw a square and put some dots or squiggle lines in it. then you automatically find it when drawing. has worked for me forever. the 250 when drawing, although it broke the rule, you really didn't worry about putting finger on trigger due to the long DA that it had made it pretty inherently safe, but i still indexed it, maybe slipping up a time or two!

try that and a lot of dry fire and drawing like said above and you'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hmm. Not an issue here. Always draw to index on frame. Be sure to get plenty of unloaded practice draw time in before you carry. Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmm, for years while using the Glock I used the take town tab as a tactile indicator of where my trigger finger was located. So far while I am new to the P320 I have not noticed myself having the issue you describe. Something to keep in mind tho. Don't want any extra holes if I can avoid them...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Very interesting conversation. One I have not heard of but can understand muscle memory.
I dry fire a new gun a bunch if I know I'm going to be using it. Every night for weeks.
Some guns just come natural and some I had to work on a lot, non the less practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.