SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would have to say that was a over charged round. My FIL had a split case a couple years ago and the instructor blamed it on that. I can't imagine the extractor did that damage. WOW. Will be following this one to see what the very smart folks here come up with on this.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does appear to maybe be an out of battery condition. Not sure how that would have happened as I'm fairly certain the 320 shouldn't fire out of battery. Possibly something caused the striker to stick making it "slam fire"?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think that's an overcharged round. First the primer does not appear over pressured. Second the case is only split at the base. I think it's an out of battery discharge. Don't know why it would occur though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Unless the bottom of the case was bulged before the round was loaded into the magazine, causing it to later not fully chamber, I don,t see how this could be caused by an ammo problem.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
The ring around the brass indicates it was not fully chambered when fired. I have no idea why it didn't correctly chamber or how the 320 fired without being in full battery.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The ring around the brass indicates it was not fully chambered when fired. I have no idea why it didn't correctly chamber or how the 320 fired without being in full battery.
Take out the barrel, drop a round in the chamber, and tell me what brass remains visible. I'll wait...

This wasn't an out of battery detention

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.