SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone knows if it's OK to direct chamber load (bubba load) a Sig P320? I know this can damage the extractor, but some manufacturers say it's OK (Beretta and Ruger) and Sig makes no mentions in the owners manual. So any info or opinions is appreciated.

Other question is how to prevent bullet setback? I thought bubba loading may help, but if it damages the extractor, then that's out. Riding the slide can cause feeding issues and reliability problems.

Only solution I can think of is to rotate the chambered round so the same one isn't loaded every time, which would reduce setback, but not prevent it. Any opinions welcomed!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Chamber loading will damage the extractor and pretty quickly.
The only way to prevent bullet setback is to not repeatedly load and unload the same cartridge.

·
Registered
549 Posts
From what I've heard, a round should only be chambered via the magazine. I don't know how easily an extractor can be damaged, but if forcing the extractor over the rim of the case can cause damage, why would you risk it?

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chamber loading will damage the extractor and pretty quickly.
The only way to prevent bullet setback is to not repeatedly load and unload the same cartridge.
Thanks, as I said I wasn't sure if it was OK in a Sig because nothing was mentioned in the literature. So that's a definite no go, thanks!

I have never bubba loaded, but thought it may help with setback. I'm not gonna risk an unreliable extractor on a carry gun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts