SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reviewing the Sig 2015 catalog and observed four models of the P320 9mm.
1. FS, 17 rounds 9mm
2. Carry, 17 rounds, 9 mm
3. Compact, 15 rounds, 9mm
4. Sub Compact, 12 rounds, 9mm.

My question is concerning the Carry and the Compact.

I understood the Carry was the same as the Compact, and tonight at a gun store, they indicated the P320 carry models they had stocked were 15 round models.

The Full size models were 17 round.

Is there there anyone who could clarify these observations?

Thank you

·
Registered
921 Posts
yeah Sig really confused everyone. in 2014, the "Carry" was the 15 round.

Now the 2015 Carry is the "New Carry" with 17 rounds

The 2015 Compact is the 2014 Carry

get it? lol

So I bought a P320 carry last year.

Now, it is considered the 2015 Compact

That gun shop just hasn't updated their labeling. Understandable

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That gun shop just hasn't updated their labeling. Understandable
Actually, the gun shop I visited tonight can not get any P320s or any model. Or any Sigs have been received since the first of the year per the store manager I spoke with.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They've gone from busy with the SHOT Show, to swamped with production, so it may take a while for the new models to start appearing (including the P320 in .45). They will also be offering the P320 (and other models) with the new Romeo 1 sight pre-installed. I just heard from my local dealer those will probably not be available until 2016.

I guess I needed another lesson in patience ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Top Gun Supply hasn't had any 320's for a while either. I check regularly, I've been wanting to stop in for the FS in 9.

·
Registered
881 Posts
They've gone from busy with the SHOT Show, to swamped with production, so it may take a while for the new models to start appearing (including the P320 in .45). They will also be offering the P320 (and other models) with the new Romeo 1 sight pre-installed. I just heard from my local dealer those will probably not be available until 2016.

I guess I needed another lesson in patience ;)
Wonder if theyll ever release classic p series slides with the romeo 1 pre installed... Id pay a lot for that. I didnt like the 320 and sold it pretty quickly

·
Registered
283 Posts

Now the 2015 Carry is the "New Carry" with 17 rounds

The 2015 Compact is the 2014 Carry

get it? lol

So I bought a P320 carry last year.

Now, it is considered the 2015 Compact
Yeah. What he said!

I love SIGs but one thing that can frustrating about them is that they seem to be all over the place. For example:

1. Magazine sizes not being the same therefore not making them backwards compatible or fitting loosely
2. The P226 X-Fives vs X-Series X-Fives
3. Inconsistencies in specs on web site. Some weights are shown with mag some without. Some units are only imperial some imperial/metric. The same feature written different ways on different guns.
4. Is the M11-A1 a P228 or a P229? It seems to have characteristics of both.
5. What is said above about Carry is the new Compact and the new Carry is new. Kind of like a moose is called an elk in Europe while an elk is called wapiti there, and then there's the red deer which is related to the elk but not exactly the same. Still confused?

·
Registered
142 Posts
So what makes the new carry different from the old?

Is it the same full grip as the FS but with a shorter barrel?

If so, I want one of the frames to put on my FS, to give the muzzle end a more traditional look rather than the even flat it is now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So what makes the new carry different from the old?

Is it the same full grip as the FS but with a shorter barrel?

If so, I want one of the frames to put on my FS, to give the muzzle end a more traditional look rather than the even flat it is now.
See SIG SAUER

The new Carry has the same grip as the FS which is .2" higher than the Compact and gives you 2 extra 9mm/1 extra .40/.357. Carry and Compact have the same barrel which is .8" shorter than FS.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went and looked earlier... Yeah I think I will pick up one of the new carry frames when I can.

I also noticed some functional changes on the FCM... So I wonder if it is something sig would change if asked...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Helpful????

See if this helps (I certainly hope it doesn't make it worse).

So.........P250 is a "hammer" fired gun (anyone else notice - I am sure you all did - that the "hammer" falls on a striker?) Yes but, the mechanism and the physics are different.

P320 = NO HAMMER, it is a striker fired gun. SO (and this is important) the FCU's between the 2 are NOT interchangeable AND (more importantly) the slides are NOT interchangeable.

There is NO difference in grip modules as in none........ there is no "P320" grip module or a "P250" grip module and, for the really new, the grip module is the part that makes it look like a gun.

To answer one of the questions in this thread no, it is not a difference in "barrel" length. It is a difference in SLIDE length (which does include the barrel specs.)

If you have been to the P250 list for any time and searched thru the posts you will find that the "established" and "committed" P250 crowd has been mixing and matching different size parts for some time now which brings me to.

The "grip module" (the part that looks like a gun) comes in 3 SIZES - Full, Compact (which some bozo at Sig labeled a Carry for 2014 in the P320) and the Sub Compact. The trigger guard on the SC is DIFFERENT (rounded) than the Compact and the Full which can complicate even further holster acquisitions.

Then those three SIZES "CAN" (maybe they are in stock and maybe they aren't) come in three different WIDTHS - Small, Medium and Large (if that needs explained you may want a different hobby).

ALL THE MAGAZINES ARE THE SAME - ***EXCEPT*** (oh don't we love Sig) the first generation Grip modules for what was then labeled a P250 which uses a DIFFERENT magazine. And I have not read anywhere that someone has figured out a way to modify anything to make any of that interchangeable. My searches indicate to *me* those grip modules/guns are pretty much gone from saleable inventory - be careful buying used.

Now for the 2015 P320 (made in a month that doesn't have an R - I am kidding) it technically isn't about round count (via labeling) but SIZE - it DOES matter! The P320 "Carry" yes, is a compact SLIDE (and hence yes, shorter barrel) on a FULL SIZE (available in 3 widths remember) grip module so - you get the added rounds.

One CAN put larger mags in smaller grip modules to increase round count and can either let it look a bit awkward OR buy (some of the kits come with it) the grip extender piece. You CAN NOT put smaller magazines (they are not "clips") into larger grip modules.

If you wanted to change the CALIBER of your "gun" (you are actually just moving the FCU (or trigger assembly) the X-Change kit comes with the Caliber you want in the SIZE (F,C or SC) you want with everything you need EXCEPT the trigger part. Which means you don't need an FFL involved to do that!

Also remembering that these are NOT plastic guns but..........POLYMER guns - which when he figures it out Valdemar will paint for you! LOL

Hopefully that helps

·
Registered
105 Posts
See if this helps (I certainly hope it doesn't make it worse).

So.........P250 is a "hammer" fired gun (anyone else notice - I am sure you all did - that the "hammer" falls on a striker?) Yes but, the mechanism and the physics are different.

P320 = NO HAMMER, it is a striker fired gun. SO (and this is important) the FCU's between the 2 are NOT interchangeable AND (more importantly) the slides are NOT interchangeable.

There is NO difference in grip modules as in none........ there is no "P320" grip module or a "P250" grip module and, for the really new, the grip module is the part that makes it look like a gun.

To answer one of the questions in this thread no, it is not a difference in "barrel" length. It is a difference in SLIDE length (which does include the barrel specs.)

If you have been to the P250 list for any time and searched thru the posts you will find that the "established" and "committed" P250 crowd has been mixing and matching different size parts for some time now which brings me to.

The "grip module" (the part that looks like a gun) comes in 3 SIZES - Full, Compact (which some bozo at Sig labeled a Carry for 2014 in the P320) and the Sub Compact. The trigger guard on the SC is DIFFERENT (rounded) than the Compact and the Full which can complicate even further holster acquisitions.

Then those three SIZES "CAN" (maybe they are in stock and maybe they aren't) come in three different WIDTHS - Small, Medium and Large (if that needs explained you may want a different hobby).

ALL THE MAGAZINES ARE THE SAME - ***EXCEPT*** (oh don't we love Sig) the first generation Grip modules for what was then labeled a P250 which uses a DIFFERENT magazine. And I have not read anywhere that someone has figured out a way to modify anything to make any of that interchangeable. My searches indicate to *me* those grip modules/guns are pretty much gone from saleable inventory - be careful buying used.

Now for the 2015 P320 (made in a month that doesn't have an R - I am kidding) it technically isn't about round count (via labeling) but SIZE - it DOES matter! The P320 "Carry" yes, is a compact SLIDE (and hence yes, shorter barrel) on a FULL SIZE (available in 3 widths remember) grip module so - you get the added rounds.

One CAN put larger mags in smaller grip modules to increase round count and can either let it look a bit awkward OR buy (some of the kits come with it) the grip extender piece. You CAN NOT put smaller magazines (they are not "clips") into larger grip modules.

If you wanted to change the CALIBER of your "gun" (you are actually just moving the FCU (or trigger assembly) the X-Change kit comes with the Caliber you want in the SIZE (F,C or SC) you want with everything you need EXCEPT the trigger part. Which means you don't need an FFL involved to do that!

Also remembering that these are NOT plastic guns but..........POLYMER guns - which when he figures it out Valdemar will paint for you! LOL

Hopefully that helps
You are correct with parts of this.....
the P250 hammer hits a firing pin, not a "striker".

You are correct that a "carry" is a compact slide on a full size grip module. Hense you get 17 rounds, the same as full size becauise it is the same grip module and magazine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah. What he said!

I love SIGs but one thing that can frustrating about them is that they seem to be all over the place. For example:

1. Magazine sizes not being the same therefore not making them backwards compatible or fitting loosely
2. The P226 X-Fives vs X-Series X-Fives
3. Inconsistencies in specs on web site. Some weights are shown with mag some without. Some units are only imperial some imperial/metric. The same feature written different ways on different guns.
4. Is the M11-A1 a P228 or a P229? It seems to have characteristics of both.
5. What is said above about Carry is the new Compact and the new Carry is new. Kind of like a moose is called an elk in Europe while an elk is called wapiti there, and then there's the red deer which is related to the elk but not exactly the same. Still confused?
The P226 X-fives are the old design. The new X-Series are the new design. As of now you cant get any new ones that arent already in the states anyway....

·
Registered
283 Posts
The "grip module" (the part that looks like a gun) comes in 3 SIZES - Full, Compact (which some bozo at Sig labeled a Carry for 2014 in the P320) and the Sub Compact.
It looks to me like there is also a Carry grip module. It is the same height as the full-size but shorter and the same length as the Compact but higher.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It looks to me like there is also a Carry grip module. It is the same height as the full-size but shorter and the same length as the Compact but higher.
that is correct the Carry grip module is a Full Size grip module with a dust cover cut down to the length of the Compact slide.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

oooops - yep you are correct....... if it exists as a "gun" then it is indeed a different grip module. Before SIG decided to co-mingle parts some of us were cutting our own........ I forgot. me bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys....Recently purchased a Sig P320
Carry Model 9mm build date 8/14. Box states 320C-0-B Nitron, Contrast, Med. Grip. Sig got it right with this firearm. Shoots like a dream and very very accurate. About 300 rounds and no issues with any ammo it digests.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts