SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to choose between the following two options in order to get the best of both worlds and have a P320 compact and subcompact without shelling out 400.00 for the full caliber xchange kit

Which do you think is the better option, and why?

1. Buy P320 Compact and add in a subcompact grip:

* Compact mode:
  • Perfect here. Great at the range
* Subcompact mode:
  • Seems to be the popular choice for dual functionality. Easy
  • More difficult finding a good kydex holster fit since it is a hybrid.
  • Looks a little uneven since slide is slightly larger than the grip
  • Might feel "top heavy" with the disproportionate slide

2. Buy a P320 Subcompact and get additional 15rd magazines with XGRIP extensions:

* Compact mode:
  • This is the less popular choice, as far as I've researched
  • Seems like it would provide the full compact style grip and extra rounds without the extra baggage of variations in the slide length or holster issues
  • XGRIPS fit a little loose, would need to be glued/taped down.
  • Not exactly a p320 compact. not sure how it will feel compared to genuine article.
* Subcompact mode:
  • Perfect here: Great for CCW
  • No more worry about holster issues

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally carry a 320 compact 9mm and I think it carries just fine for CCW. I've read in some forums that if you put the compact slide on a subcompact grip frame that it will still fit in compact sized holsters, I've considered trying this for when I carry appendix since the larger grip protrudes a little bit in the "tactical muffintop" area.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I use option #1. The difference in slide length is not noticeable on you when CCW. To me, it is more enjoyable to shoot with the compact slide.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I'm with Matt on this one . My wife had a p250SC . Same as a p320sc for feel and size . I tried her p250sc and then the frame/grip on my p320 compact . Not on my favorite list . If I want a longer mag then buy the SC and put a compact frame/grip on it and cut the rail area back to match the SC frame length . Been done by many by guys on this forum . Frames are harder to find right now and the SC is a small circumference so you would want a compact small if the X grip on a SC feels right . Under stand so far ??

OR if the slide length of the compact works for you and 15 rounds is wanted your good to go and you have the option of a getting by with a SC frame and x grip or a small compact when you can buy one .

I carry a p320 compact 40 small compact grip in a comp-tac neutral holster for 2 years so far at 3:15 position and it conceals under a T shirt . The NO rail SC my wife had fit fine for carry in that rig too . The standard SC frame also fits most all m&p holsters if you go that way . Daughter now has the p250sc .

Corn-fuzzed yet ! ha

·
Registered
556 Posts
Neither. If you are not actually going to carry the Compact slide with Compact grip, then I would opt for the Carry configuration (Compact slide with Full Size grip length) and add in a subcompact grip. I think that would truly give you the best of both worlds. You'll get 17 round mags with the Carry, and you could even run 21 rounders without needing an x grip adapter.

But if I had to choose between your two options I would go with Option 1, no question. If you go with Option 2, you are limiting yourself to just the subcompact frame.

Also, I agree with others that the Compact slide/Compact grip is (in my opinion) great for for CCW. I find that Carry to be great for CCW too, for that matter.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have C and SC slides, 12- and 15-round magazines, X-grip adapters, C and SC grip modules and a C grip module cut to the length of an SC slide.

The straight SC configuration works best for me for concealed carry. As others have noted, the C configuration is also pretty easy to conceal.

The only problem I have had in mixing and matching parts is that kydex holsters shaped for a Compact's hooked trigger guard may not work with a Subcompact's round trigger guard.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
stima You don't need a full size grip to use full size mags . Doubtful your hand over hangs a compact grip now , or does it ? Want a longer mag slap it in and shoot or a 21 rounder as an option too .

gc70 I have several holster made for a p320 compact yet my wifes sub compact p250 work just fine in it as a iwb . You do get some extra pinch between your belt and body . Heck I carry my wifes m&p core on occasion in my p320 comp-tac neutral with out any extra tension adjustment .

I will say I won't swap parts around once I find that just right combo . I have another handgun if I want smaller and even it fits my comp-tac well enough . s&w 669 and that's thang is skinny like a 1911 .

·
Registered
556 Posts
stima You don't need a full size grip to use full size mags .

Doubtful your hand over hangs a compact grip now , or does it ?

Want a longer mag slap it in and shoot or a 21 rounder as an option too .
I am well aware, and I don't think I ever implied that. I've carried my P250C for several years, and had a 17 rounder with an x grip adapter that I used on occasion. My point is that you will need to buy those 17 rounders separately if you go with a Compact configuration - not the case with the Carry.

No, the Compact fits my hand just fine. Again, P250C was my EDC for many years. It is still in rotation along with my P320CA. However, since I've gotten my P320 Carry, the Compact grip does feel a bit short. I feel like I get better purchase on the Carry. Either way, just a personal preference.

I've used the 17 and 21 rounders and x grip adapter with Compact grips. Personally don't care for the x grip adapter. Even with the x grip, Carry still feels better to me in hand. Again, just my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SO MANY OPTIONS.. Its great, but its also stressful.

However, THE CHOICE IS MADE!!
(and, its none of the above LOL)

I'm going to get the P320 X-Carry!
Then maybe add in a subcompact grip module and magazines for warmer weather carry.

Its too sweet a pistol to pass up.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts