SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New P320 compact, I've only put 100 rounds through it so far. Accuracy was not good at all, but I'm telling myself it's just from learning a new pistol, and the outdoor conditions of the day. Hopefully Friday I can get to the indoor range and have a better experience.

More concerning to me is a wear mark I'm seeing on the back of the barrel where it locks into the slide. This picture is the best I could muster, and the mark is inside the yellow circle. It put a gouge deep enough to catch a finger nail or knife blade, and removed the black finish. Just curious if this is a normal wear mark that happens immediately, or if I should be concerned?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here. Appears to be normal. I have 100 rounds through my P320C RX and I have similar wear, albeit to a lesser degree. Looks like the tolerances in that area are tight and it causes the Nitron finish to rub off in short order, exposing the stainless steel below. I broke the gun down and used Ballistol prior to shooting the first time, and after, so apparently it was going to happen regardless.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
All guns have unique wear patterns. Given several others have experienced this same pattern, I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Put more rounds through it and see how it does. WRT the accuracy of the gun, bear in mind that the gun is always more accurate than the shooter, with the exception of actual damage, so just take the time to learn the gun and things should be fine. Make sure your sights are aligned properly. You may want to bench rest the gun if you can't seem to get it worked out, but I've shot the compact and full size gun and found them to be on point. Very good shooters! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have the same mark. IMO that is one of the reasons the 320 shoots so well...it locks up pretty tight when it goes into battery.

I don't like the mark though, thinking of polishing the barrel so it's not as noticeable.

Reactions: DPeter85

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! I feel better about that mark now. The inaccuracy mainly just hurt my feelings, because I can usually pick up any pistol and shoot well with it. I'll take it to the range Friday and hopefully get it sorted out! Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
As long as no malfunctions your 320 is fine. As to accuracy, I had to figure out my 320 likes a 6 o'clock hold. And I actually prefer that since I can see exactly where I want to shoot. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
I just pulled mine apart again...just put some talon grips on it...my barrel has a very very tiny wear mark there...almost cannot see it...have 500 rounds through it

I cleaned my 2 320's yesterday , they both have a slight wear mark as you have described. One gun over 3k and the other 500 rounds.
There is no burr .
They are both accurate.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
don't feel bad about the accuracy or lack of it, I have a XDS in.45 that some time I think I'm firing blacks, going to give it one more chance or out it goes, just got a Shield .45 and is right on target.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.