SIG Talk banner

P320 Compact, a new generation?

1789 9
hi all....

i want to buy a p320c, a watched a lot of video and images on internet.
four hours ago, in my gun shop, is arrived the p320c finally, a live in italy and take a lot of time for import and certifications...

i'm very doubtful in a lot of things in this p320c.

on the slide, i saw in the internet a lot of images of p320c slide with two holes, one between the striker and near the extracotr, and another on the right, for loose weight i think, but in "my" p320c on gun shop, is flush, no holes at all, like ppq. no holes!

i don't care about the big hole, but i care about the small one near the striker, i think, like my m&P is for drain dirt and water from the striker.

why in changed?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oh, I see.

Yes, there was a thread about this issue recently (last month I think). It seems that many P320 owners have slides with holes, and many other owners have slides without holes - regardless of caliber.

As far as I recall, nobody here could come up with a good reason for why there was a difference. Some speculated that it was based on the manufacturing plant.

Eitherway, as far as I know, nobody has reported any performance or functional problems related to these holes.

I wouldn't worry to much. Enjoy the gun, its a great piece.

Perhaps someone else here has a better answer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those holes aren't for draining debris. Let me guess, yours is a .40SW right? The one pictured is 9mm?

The .40 is made with a full weight slide while the machining cuts in other slides are to lighten it up.

-Dan
hi! and fist of all, thank you for the answer,

both are in 9mm.

for curiosity, what is the function of the hole?

thank youuuu!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hm, I thought it was decided that it was the different calibers however I guess yours being both 9mm, it is not the case. At any rate the location of the cuts would not aide in self cleaning if that were truly their function. Lightening cuts makes more sense to me. If you google it though it appears to be common with no reports of function problems.

-Dan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hm, I thought it was decided that it was the different calibers however I guess yours being both 9mm, it is not the case. At any rate the location of the cuts would not aide in self cleaning if that were truly their function. Lightening cuts makes more sense to me. If you google it though it appears to be common with no reports of function problems.

-Dan

thank you rockror.

for you, the little hole near the striker, is for? is like M&P glock... for striker channel debris?

ends in the striker channel or into the extractor channel?

thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
There was a thread on this about a month ago. Believe the consensus was early 9mm slides had cutouts to make the slide lighter in order to accommodate a wide range of ammunition. At some point Sig decided this wasn't necessary and stopped making the cuts. I think there were two different slides with various "cuts" before the current "no cut" slide, but there wasn't any official Gen1,2, or 3 naming.

Reactions: stlmia

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The slide from my P320C RX dated April 29, 2017 does not have any holes similar to what stefanomapo posted above.

Here is the slide from my 9mm P320C with threaded barrel.

Production was dated May 26, 2016.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.