SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the LGS to look at an M18 that they got in only to discover it had sold immediately. I was disappointed until I discovered they also got in a new P320 Compact in .45ACP. Having had a full-size P320 .45 before, I jumped at this one. Cleaned and brought it to the range immediately and it shot exactly as expected: Soft, reliable, accurate. My new favorite .45, dare I say I like shooting this one even more than my G21 Gen 4, and that's saying something!

I notice that Sig only offers the .45 as a Compact now (320C-45-BSS). It's disappointing that they're showing little love for the .45, as this is a terrific platform for the caliber. Makes me wish I had kept my full-size.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
?You keep any of the full size mags. I originally got the C, but recently bought the full-sized grip module from Sig. Since the slide is a LOT shorter, I cut the dust cover, then shaped it. Now it rather looks like a Commander, shoots just as softly as any 320 .45 ACP, and has one more round than the C. AND I prefer how the full-sized grip feels but I like the shorter slide (always liked Commanders).

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have a compact and a carry.
I have large hands so I prefer the carry.
I thought they discontinued the 45.

I also picked up a fullsize slide I'll put on the carry frame someday for range fun.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I notice that Sig only offers the .45 as a Compact now (320C-45-BSS). It's disappointing that they're showing little love for the .45, as this is a terrific platform for the caliber. Makes me wish I had kept my full-size.
Full-sizes can be had on GB right, but current auction prices are getting crazy as they typically do these days. I picked one up at my LGS recently, and glad I did. It's a superb gun, and much different to shoot than my P220 and P227. Just ordered a titanium blue frame from Cerakote by Ken, and can't wait for it arrive.

·
Banned
904 Posts
I have a compact and full size. Glad I was able to get both for the price I paid when they first came out. I think Sig may be pursuing the 10mm platform thus less attention to the .45.

Reactions: UncleDave

·
Registered
256 Posts
I also have both the full-size and compact in 45(also in 9mm and 40S&W, but that is a different story) and really like both. The FS is the current house gun, and tweaking the Compact for winter carry.

I was also disappointed that Sig discontinued the 45 in full size, but I am hoping it will be reinstated when they are done developing the 10mm. After all, if the FCU, slide, barrel, and grip will handle the 10mm, it should be no problem working with the 45 ACP. At least that is my Christmas wish for this year(and next, and the next, and ...!)

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,130 Posts
Nice find. Congrats.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a compact and full size. Glad I was able to get both for the price I paid when they first came out. I think Sig may be pursuing the 10mm platform thus less attention to the .45.

The fellow from my LGS just said the info he received fromt the Sig rep was that they wre working on redesigning the frame for the 10mm to increase strength in key locations. The same frame woould be used for 10mm and 45 so it makes sense the 45 is in limbo for the time being.

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
SIG has limited support for .45ACP, .40S&W and .357SIG. Many of the variants from their entire product line in those calibers were dropped for 2020. We generally have a thread each year that lists the models that are discontinued. There was one for 2020. "Everybody" wants 9mm these days. But Grayguns is working on a custom 10mm P320 and he alluded to the fact that SIG is working on a 10mm P320 - likely a collaboration with Bruce Gray, like the P220 10mm.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
104 Posts
SIG has limited support for .45ACP, .40S&W and .457SIG. Many of the variants from their entire product line in those calibers were dropped for 2020. We generally have a thread each year that lists the models that are discontinued. There was one for 2020. "Everybody" wants 9mm these days. But Grayguns is working on a custom 10mm P320 and he alluded to the fact that SIG is working on a 10mm P320 - likely a collaboration with Bruce Gray, like the P220 10mm.
I got a little bit tired of waiting and ended up creating my own P320 10mm. For the first time, got to shoot 50 rounds each of Winchester and Federal 180 grain. Now to find more ammo...

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
SIG has limited support for .45ACP, .40S&W and .457SIG. Many of the variants from their entire product line in those calibers were dropped for 2020. We generally have a thread each year that lists the models that are discontinued. There was one for 2020. "Everybody" wants 9mm these days. But Grayguns is working on a custom 10mm P320 and he alluded to the fact that SIG is working on a 10mm P320 - likely a collaboration with Bruce Gray, like the P220 10mm.
I was kind of in that only wanting 9mm and my poor P220 was spending most of the time in the safe. Totally the opposite now and it's my M18 and P226 that are starving in the safe. Reloading has completely changed the equation for me and brought the cost of .45ACP down to where I can afford to shoot it. I've also got a lot more large pistol primers than I do small pistol pistol primers. Almost got me looking for another .45ACP.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I got a little bit tired of waiting and ended up creating my own P320 10mm. For the first time, got to shoot 50 rounds each of Winchester and Federal 180 grain. Now to find more ammo...
That's interesting mind sharing some details?

·
Banned
904 Posts
Is it a simple barrel swap out?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
How is it SIG never gets more than 10 rounds in a full size double stack 45 magazine but glock always gets 13-15?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How is it SIG never gets more than 10 rounds in a full size double stack 45 magazine but glock always gets 13-15?
SIG got 14 rounds in the P227, it's just that the 14-round mags were unreliable. Otherwise that model may have taken off.

·
Registered
820 Posts
That's interesting mind sharing some details?
I just played around with some P320s I have

The P320 45 FCG and GRIP can take the 40 slide so it would seem you would just need to modify a 45 mag to feed 10mm (after you ream the 40 barrel to 10mm (might also need to open up the ejection port on the 40 slide to be able to eject a unfired 10mm round)

Alternatively the 40 barrel fits in a 45 slide and locks up. might have some accuracy issues as the barrel is smaller OD so it will be a little loose in the slide. The extractor will grab the 10mm case.

There are some good options for the fullsize P320 as you can get guide rods that will take 1911 springs so you get a 18lb or 20lb spring.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Because the Sig is small enough to get your hand around and shoot well. I'll take a few less rounds for something that fits.
Right it's like holding a 2x4 glock...

I do however really like my FNP45 with 15rds it's a big gun but shoots like a dream

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok now you have to spill the beans! How did you do this? I'm very interested and would like to know how it worked out? Please give us a range report.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts