SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say that after handling the carry I'd be hard pressed not to opt for it over a compact model. It seems to me that the carry frame is the most versatile of all given it's capacity allowance vs size. It's so close to the compact that it seems like a no brainer to me in order to pick up the two extra rounds. I'd be hard pressed not to buy the carry model and get a full size slide as well...can one purchase the slide only, or do you have to actually buy another complete gun?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have to say that after handling the carry I'd be hard pressed not to opt for it over a compact model. It seems to me that the carry frame is the most versatile of all given it's capacity allowance vs size. It's so close to the compact that it seems like a no brainer to me in order to pick up the two extra rounds. I'd be hard pressed not to buy the carry model and get a full size slide as well...can one purchase the slide only, or do you have to actually buy another complete gun?
Completely agree. I much prefer my Carry over my Compact models (well, in 9mm anyway).

You could just purchase a slide, but from what I've seen, the price for just a slide it comparable to that of a complete exchange kit. I would just wait for one of those 20% sales from SIG and get a kit.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Completely agree. I much prefer my Carry over my Compact models (well, in 9mm anyway).

You could just purchase a slide, but from what I've seen, the price for just a slide it comparable to that of a complete exchange kit. I would just wait for one of those 20% sales from SIG and get a kit.

Sounds like a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a different view. I chose the compact since I can upsize to the 17 round mags or pop in the 15 round mags for easier concealment.

-Dan
I agree. I have a small carry module but switched back to the medium compact module. The small grip feels a bit better in my hand but that did not translate to the target. I can consistently put more accurate hits on target with the medium compact versus the small carry module.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I prefer the compact over the carry grip length and use the small compact . The make for a thin easier to conceal double stacks . It does conceal easier and I can still run full size mags as back up , No X grip wanted .

Good that sig gave us choices !

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi.. was wondering how much smaller is the carry vs the compact.. I bought my compact on impulse and never looked at the carry. Would like to eventually grab another P320.

EDIT: Nevermind.. found the answer.. it appears the only difference is the grip length/Mag capacity..

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hi.. was wondering how much smaller is the carry vs the compact.. I bought my compact on impulse and never looked at the carry. Would like to eventually grab another P320.

EDIT: Nevermind.. found the answer.. it appears the only difference is the grip length/Mag capacity..
And just to clarify... the compact grip is a tad smaller than the carry. Seemed as though you might be thinking that was the other way around.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Registered
373 Posts
I bought my P320 as a compact, I have a subcompact grip module and 1 magazine and a carry grip module with 2 17 rounders and a 21 round magazine. MY favorite is still the compact with 15 round magazine, which is how I carry it IWB 4-5 o'clock.

If I plan on appendix, I carry with subcompact with 12 round magazine and back up 17 round.

Range time, OWB holster, Carry Holster.

·
Registered
636 Posts
And just to clarify... the compact grip is a tad smaller than the carry. Seemed as though you might be thinking that was the other way around.
Appreciate the info.. Did not realize that.. :D

Reactions: DarthPaul

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a different view. I chose the compact since I can upsize to the 17 round mags or pop in the 15 round mags for easier concealment.

-Dan
That is what I do with my Glock 19, and it is what I naturally wanted to do with the P320, but when I got a look at how the carry frame looked on the full size version on the X17 I began to take notice to it. After comparing the two gun, the P320 compact to the carry, the carry isn't much taller than the compact. It's essentially the same height as the VP9, which I easily concealed for six months. That's when I began to reconsider the carry to the compact.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the carry model and it's my EDC weapon of choice. I work in security and it goes with me every day. The slide is the perfect size to clear the holster quickly and the increased capacity is well worth the weight trade off.
I think that is exactly the value in the carry model, and given that it is a fraction taller than the carry (notwithstanding the overall size of the frames) I think the trade off is negligible. Granted, this will vary per individual, but at least as it relates to me and what I need...seems the carry is a better option.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Reactions: jsegursky
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.