SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my P320 Carry trigger.

I have come to the P320 from a 44 Mag Ruger Black Hawk that I used for bear protection. Those days have passed, and now I am concerned about personal protection with my 357 Sig P320.

In those old days, Ruger worked on the trigger and gave me a trigger pull of 2 lbs. that actuated like a piece of glass breaking, and the Ruger was tack sharp at 50 yards. You can imagine my problem with the P320 trigger which is nothing like that.

Are there any custom options to improve the P320 trigger pull? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Wil

·
Registered
481 Posts
GrayGuns makes a drop in trigger (curved or straight) with trigger spring that will take off 2-2.5 lb of pull as well as make the break crisper; $100. Sig Custom Shop also offers an Action Enhancement Package to polish critical surfaces and polish the feed ramp which will make the action very smooth; $180.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The GrayGuns trigger and spring should give you about 4-4.5 trigger. You really don't want a 2 lb trigger on a striker gun IMHO. Would make it way to light for carry. If you want a bit cleaner trigger then as Dieter noted, having an action work by Gray Guns, Sig or a few other good Sig Armor's out there may be what you want.

If you want something finer, I would suggest getting a Sig DA/SA like the P229 in 357 with Short Reset Trigger (SRT). All of my Sig DA/SA's have this and the SA pull and reset is really nice.

I really like my P320's with the GG Trigger and spring. I would give that a go first to see if you like it.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Wil01 Trigger pull is a head game for many . The stock p320 trigger is a good defensive trigger as it is but you can improve it with a apex trigger or a gray guns trigger kit .

Best thing to do is stop comparing your p320 to the ruger as many of us shoot a wide variety of handguns with both very light and heaver double action type trigger pulls . My first hand gun I ever shot was a colt huntsman with a 2lb trigger pull at 6 years of age . Still enjoy it regularly . But my first carry gun was a da revolver .

Hard to expect you can shoot the same group sizes with the p320 but defensively it will get the job done and in stock condition its is capable of 2.5" 25 yards groups or less . Even with the trigger or kit upgrades it will still have the same amount of trigger movement , same long take up and same short reset when you learn to control it just lighter and still far heavier than your old ruger .

Head games !!

You have a new handgun and it will take some time to learn how to shoot it properly . Snap caps and dry fire practice at night sitting around the house helps . Only takes a 1/4" of slide movement to reset the striker .

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Maybe it is just the ones I own, but I do not notice that much take up on mine. If I do my part I shoot them every bit as good as my DA/SA's.

Like was said, you should focus on getting comfortable with the new action. I did not shoot these that well when I first got them. Passibly, but not like I wanted. So I spent quite a bit of time on the range with them. Now I find that I am more consistent with my 302's than I am with my other guns. And these are the first striker fired I have owned.

You will quickly come to find that you are more proficient with the trigger than you think. As was noted, and for me this is especially true. Much of this is a head game we play with ourselves.

But muscle memory is the key. Getting used to it and feeling comfortable with it. I am now and that is why I have 3 (actually 4) P320's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.