SIG Talk banner

P320 Carry doesn't always break on the first pull

914 5
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and new to pistols and did an extensive amount of research on a gun and ended up going with the p320 for a lot of reasons. I bought one last summer and didn't notice that when I rack it to get the trigger to break that sometimes it takes 2,3,4 pulls to get it break and sometimes it will break on the first time. Don't know what causes that and I want to use this pistol for CCW and I'm concerned it might not fire. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would bet you bent the Trigger bar spring while cleaning at some point. I had the same problem, with a Gray guns spring...I put the original spring back in, and all was fine.

The only other one I heard of was a guy on Youtube, and his was a spring problem also. He never said he bent it but watching the video it wouldn't surprise me.

Full disclosure I never verified I bent it but someone here mentioned it, and I am 99% sure that's what happened. once I changed the spring and it worked fine, I didn't pull the springs and compare...but either way the spring was the culprit.

The spring is cheap try it first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the thing, it wasn't breaking at all and wouldn't fire so I took it to a local gun shop and they replaced a sear spring and trigger bar spring. And right when I got it back it's still not breaking right. I'm out of ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.