Ditto

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bingo! Reload!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
But if you stopped at reload you only got to what caused the failure. What you may have missed is that it did not harm the barrel or action, just the grip frame. Swapped the internals to a new grip frame and the pistol ran fine. Guy even caliper'ed the barrel to make sure there was no swell.

Pretty impressive really.

So for the TLDR's now you know...the rest of the story. (In my best Paul Harvey).

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
But if you stopped at reload you only got to what caused the failure. What you may have missed is that it did not harm the barrel or action, just the grip frame. Swapped the internals to a new grip frame and the pistol ran fine. Guy even caliper'ed the barrel to make sure there was no swell.

Pretty impressive really.

So for the TLDR's now you know...the rest of the story. (In my best Paul Harvey).
That's the real take-away here. The gun's modularity allowed it to survive the double-charge damage with a quick, cheap, and easy grip frame switch.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks like the thread title caused some to miss the point. It's not a bash on the P320, it's a tribute to it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I did the same. Once I saw reload I didn't bother to read the article. It almost seems like in most cases when this topic comes up reloads are the culprit.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. :lol:

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
This is another area where modularity wins. I've seen a Glock 22 Kaboom and all it needed was a replacement frame but it had to go back to Glock to get that done. Although if I experienced a Kaboom I wouldn't likely rebuild it with out having a competent smith go over it thoroughly

·
Registered
230 Posts
I now own 4 different 320s. Ten of thousands of rounds through the guns covering IDPA, USPSA and good ole' weekend shooting. Not a single issue running factory ammo of every kind imaginable no matter how dirty or clean the gun.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Looks as though the case suffered from the dreaded "Glock Bulge" I would have tossed it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts