One of the most asked questions on this part of the Sig forum seems to be around barrel swaps. There is a very nice thread showing the C slide on a SC frame and vise-versa.
People have very different opinions about swapping barrels vs using a x-change kit. Comments vary from Sr. Mix-a-lot to bring out your dead. Just to be transparent, I'm in the Sr. Mix-a-lot camp.
I got out my digital calipers and took some measurements.
My digital calipers is a Milutoyo Model CD-6" set to mm and zeroed with jaws together.
My measurements in mm include:
- OD near breech
- OD near muzzle
- width across breech
Below are my findings.
- Sub-Compact 40sw: 1-14.45, 2-14.49, 3-16.63
- Sub-Compact 9mm: 1-13.95, 2-13.98, 3-16.65
- Compact 40sw: 1-14.45, 2-14.49, 3-16.65
- Compact 357sig: 1-14.47, 2-14.49, 3-16.67
- Compact 9mm Threaded: 1-13.95, 2-13.99, 3-16.64
I am making no statements of what this data means or doesn't mean. I'm simply providing the data for others to draw their conclusions about how to use the investment they have made or are about to make.
Attached are some pics to go along with the above data.