SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

P320 AXG PRO FIRST GUN

1204 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Brianb48
Hello everyone,

Below is a picture of my first gun. I just put the Romeo red dot on today. I’ve shot about 500 rounds out of it already. Excited to get back out there this week to see how the red dot is.

Ive spent most of my day today reading some threads on here. A great site with wise people for a beginner like myself. I got the cleaning and oiling planned. I will use CLP for the most part and TW25B on my slide and barrel.

Let me know if you guys are doing anything different and roughly how many rounds you are cleaning. Any further advice is appreciated.
Reactions: 5
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
I clean with the fcu in the grip after every range trip. I remove the fcu every 500 rounds, and completely disassemble the fcu every 1000.
Reactions: 1
The first thing is to train to keep your finger off the trigger at all times until you are ready to fire. This position needs to be automatic muscle memory. Keep it at high ready on frame.

On the red dot, if you intend to CCW, your draw cycle from the holster to target presentation should result in automatic alignment with the red dot on target. You don’t want to hunt for the dot. Invest in tactical training and buy a good holster.
Reactions: 5
Starting off with a fantastic pistol! As someone else said practice safety first! Finger off the trigger until ready to fire, always be aware of where your pointing your muzzle, what’s beyond your target etc. lots of info on the internet. YouTube videos can help a lot but if you can find live training. For shooting techniques look into a lot of different ones and find one or a combination of multiple that work for you. Despite what some people will say there is not only one way to properly shoot. I’ve found Pat McNamara and Travis Haley to be the best for me personally. Check them out on YouTube. Should bring up some other good info as well. Welcome to the 2A community!!! 🤙
That is a heck of a first gun! Congrats! I love mine so far.
I clean with the fcu in the grip after every range trip. I remove the fcu every 500 rounds, and completely disassemble the fcu every 1000.
Agreed. Nothing saying you have to after every outing, but why not?. Only takes a few minutes
and keeps your new acquisition running great.

Congrats on your purchase!!
Reactions: 2
Agreed. Nothing saying you have to after every outing, but why not?. Only takes a few minutes

It’s like a house; easier to clean if you just keep it clean
nice first gun. good choice.

what are you going to get next?
Nice Sig. I love mine.
As others have said, please, finger off the trigger until you intend to shoot.
By the way, welcome from the Badger State.
I understand with the finger on the trigger. No excuses there. Moments before this I had just learned how to disassemble my p320. When I put it back together I kept pulling the slide and releasing the trigger a few times to make sure I did it right. I ran into a little user error the first time trying to put it back together. I took the photo then. I see how dumb I look now posting it let alone taking the photo with my finger on the trigger. Future reference, I will not make myself look like a moron.

I do not put my finger on the trigger at the range until I’m aim down site ready to shoot. Again now that I’m looking at that picture I realize I am a moron for it. I promise I have more common sense than I made it seem.

I appreciate everyone’s comments. I’ve been putting some time in at the range and just getting to know the gun. Im looking to dial in my aim. I plan to keep her clean but not over oiled. Do you guys have any recommendations on any other pistols?
Reactions: 3
I understand with the finger on the trigger. No excuses there. Moments before this I had just learned how to disassemble my p320. When I put it back together I kept pulling the slide and releasing the trigger a few times to make sure I did it right. I ran into a little user error the first time trying to put it back together. I took the photo then. I see how dumb I look now posting it let alone taking the photo with my finger on the trigger. Future reference, I will not make myself look like a moron.

I do not put my finger on the trigger at the range until I’m aim down site ready to shoot. Again now that I’m looking at that picture I realize I am a moron for it. I promise I have more common sense than I made it seem.

I appreciate everyone’s comments. I’ve been putting some time in at the range and just getting to know the gun. Im looking to dial in my aim. I plan to keep her clean but not over oiled. Do you guys have any recommendations on any other pistols?
Any Heckler & Koch pistol!!! Im not ashamed to say I’m an HK fanboy though lol. Best grips (P30 and VP series) and arguably best ruggedness/reliability on the market! German over engineering with canon grade steel Cold Hammer Forged Barrels! And imo they’re just damn sexy!
Air gun Black Trigger Wood Grey

FN, Walther, Smith and Wesson, Shadow Systems are all awesome too as well as many others.
See less See more
My brother has a smith and Wesson m&p m2.0. The gun feels great in your hand the grip is nice holds in your hand well. Reloading those clips is a lot harder than the p320 though. I’ll take a gander at the HK line up and check them out.

Any recommendations on brand ammo for the range? I don’t want to go too cheap I’m shooting brass. I also don’t want something through the roof. I just purchased some from zincpoint last week. We will see how it is.
P365 for concealed carry! Get your pistol's little brother!

Exactly! I pull the fcu after every range day to clean just because it really is that easy.
My brother has a smith and Wesson m&p m2.0. The gun feels great in your hand the grip is nice holds in your hand well. Reloading those clips is a lot harder than the p320 though. I’ll take a gander at the HK line up and check them out.

Any recommendations on brand ammo for the range? I don’t want to go too cheap I’m shooting brass. I also don’t want something through the roof. I just purchased some from zincpoint last week. We will see how it is.
refer to them as magazines
Congrats on the new ghost gun, I don't see anything. I saved the red dot for the X5 since this has night sights.

See less See more
Congrats @Brianb48, 320 AXG is indeed a nice first firearm. FWIW, I’ve only shot 320’s with the standard and ‘x’ grips (in Med and Small). Recently acquired an AXG grip module from another member here on ST and while the heft is very similar to me 226 and 229, the overall circumference is for my hand/grip, not as comfortable as the ’x‘ grips in Small.

Guess my response is not necessarily other guns (agreed the 365 is a great consideration for CC), but options for your existing 320. No matter the case, ENJOY!!
Other guns to learn - 1911 and P226.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.