SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the cheap ammo out that chain stores sell is from overseas. How's it run in the P320 for plinking; will it not reset the striker/jam it?

So does the P320 need ammo better than the under $10 variety?

A couple of the guns I have are the Beretta 92FS 9mm and the Sig P238. I put anything in them and they just fire away. No problems (short term).

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
As far as I can tell my P320 Compact 9mm shoots everything - cheapest reloads to the Hornady Critical Duty that is issued.

You'll have no problems feeding it whatever.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Finicky it is not. Over the past several months I have fed mine everything from 115 round nose Fiji to 147 jhp. My go to target load is a coated 125 grain swc. Over 3 thousand rounds, and it hasn't choked yet.

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Mine has been Cookie Monster so far for nearly 2500 rounds.

I have not, however, done any aluminum case stuff.

Reactions: Watchdog

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
My target ammo is Fiocchi (Italian made) 115gr FMJ. I have also fed it some 124gr JHP. I picked up 100 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ and ran through it. I don't have that many rounds through it in total, but it has been flawless.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the caliber noted on the box of ammo is the same as the cartridge listed on the barrel then you are good to go. That is, it'll shoot anything just fine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine has been Cookie Monster so far for nearly 2500 rounds.

I have not, however, done any aluminum case stuff.
Any one used aluminum cased? Any cons to using? I assume there is not a market for the spent cases to reload, but there be would be for brass?

So school me on aluminum case, cheap to plink or not worth the bother?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My two eat whatever I feed them. BigBuck a LOT of ranges ban aluminum ammo because the recyclers don't want it.

·
Premium Member
11,758 Posts
Any one used aluminum cased? Any cons to using? I assume there is not a market for the spent cases to reload, but there be would be for brass?

Aside from what Zero already stated, I have hear of the aluminum cases 'sticking' more in chambers and having feed/extraction issues a bit more as you fire a lot because of the way the aluminum cases expand as opposed to brass, or something.

I have shot some 50-rd boxes of CCI Blazer alum in 9mm and .45 pistols in the past with no problems, though. Maybe it's more an issue if you've gone 100's of rounds without cleaning.

·
Registered
588 Posts

I'm very happy to use the Blazer or Federal aluminum...no problems at all with a half-dozen 9mm pistols. Perfecta brass is my other favorite value target round. I've had no problems with any of these. I do 'shoot' for $10/box delivered when buying cases, so the cost of Blazer Brass, Speer Lawman, Rem UMC, etc online sometimes fall into that range. The aluminum stuff is usually $10.50 or more after tax, so I don't buy cases(I would if they fell under $10 delivered). In other words, I would pick up a few boxes of aluminum in a pinch; but the price needs to be even lower for a bulk buy.

Interestingly, a case of aluminum is noticeably lighter than a case of brass...also a plus. Our range has no problems with alu or steel, btw.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Everything and Anything.... No issues with mine. Keep your P320 lubed and it will shoot just fine!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts