SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw someone post the other day that they bought one of these, but I cannot find this on Sig's website, nor can I find any online. Additionally, I can't find any grip modules for .45 in Carry on Sig or anyone else's website.

Is this a ghost?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not a ghost - they are out there - Osage had some, and there were a few floating on Gunbroker too -

You are correct I have never seen 45ACP "Carry" grip modules on any retailer - So I hope you have a medium sized hand if you purchase one - Because if we all think the grip module availability for 9/40/357 is slow as molasses, you can only imagine how slow the 45's will be to trickle out in more availability

·
Banned
516 Posts
My LGS had one that I regrettably passed on... second guessed myself and went back a little later that same day and it was gone. Haven't seen one since.

I see the Compacts on a weekly basis, but no Carry models.

I thought about just picking up one of the compacts... so I contacted Sig a month or so ago, inquiring about X-change kits and frames for the P320 .45.
She said they didn't even have anything in their system, which meant they were a ways out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My LGS had one that I regrettably passed on... second guessed myself and went back a little later that same day and it was gone. Haven't seen one since.

I see the Compacts on a weekly basis, but no Carry models.

I thought about just picking up one of the compacts... so I contacted Sig a month or so ago, inquiring about X-change kits and frames for the P320 .45.
She said they didn't even have anything in their system, which meant they were a ways out.
Get a Compact 45 - you are only gaining 1 round with the Carry anyway, only reason is if you have gorilla hands maybe - I love mine, and its just a smidge bigger than my Glock 19 -

And its already been mentioned but basically the high price of the Xchange kits are no longer a value - just get another pistol of the P320 as you can get with standard sights and 2 mags for $500 or slightly under for most variants - while the Xchange kits are $400+

Only reason to get Xchange kits are if you live in an oppressed state perhaps - someone mentioned in NY they are registered to your license and you are only allowed 2

·
Banned
516 Posts
Get a Compact 45 - you are only gaining 1 round with the Carry anyway, only reason is if you have gorilla hands maybe - I love mine, and its just a smidge bigger than my Glock 19 -
And its already been mentioned but basically the high price of the Xchange kits are no longer a value - just get another pistol of the P320 as you can get with standard sights and 2 mags for $500 or slightly under for most variants - while the Xchange kits are $400+
Only reason to get Xchange kits are if you live in an oppressed state perhaps - someone mentioned in NY they are registered to your license and you are only allowed 2
I tried the compact, would rather just wait until I see another Carry and pounce!
Agreed to an extent regarding the X-Change kits...but I had the same issue with my 9mm/40S&W P320. I originally purchased it as a 40S&W Compact, then got the 9mm Carry X-Change kit. While the compact does fit, I prefer the full length grip and shorter slide of the Carry frame.
And at the time, Sig still offered the 20% off codes, so I got the extra kit for $300.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what I'd really like to do is take a full sized .45 and put a carry under on it and then take the carry/compact barrel and put it on a compact.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought I saw someone post the other day that they bought one of these, but I cannot find this on Sig's website, nor can I find any online. Additionally, I can't find any grip modules for .45 in Carry on Sig or anyone else's website.
I did finally find it on their website. Geez, I feel like an idiot.

I think my plan in .45 ACP is to get a full sized and a carry and then put the carry grip module on the full sized barrel and slide and get a compact grip module for the carry/compact barrel/slide.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.